Apprentice Fitter and Turner Vacancy At The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
About the job:
The CSIR has an opportunity for Apprentice Fitter and Turner in the Technology for Special Operations within the Defence and Security cluster. This CSIR site is an accredited MERSETA training facility that presents the training for approved apprentices according to the appropriate requirements. This opportunity is available at the Stellenbosch Campus. The successful candidate/s will be required to sign a renewable contract on an annual basis as milestones are met per year.
For more information about the Impact Area and Cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/technology-special-operations and https://www.csir.co.za/defence-and-security respectively.
- Commit to and successfully complete the apprenticeship training and academic studies within the prescribed four-year period up to the completion of a Trade Certificate;
- Participate and support relevant Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) activities in the workshop environment;
- Assess and repair equipment breakdowns.
- A Senior (Matric/Grade 12) Certificate from a Technical High School with all the appropriate subjects towards apprentice training for a Fitter and Turner.
- Additional qualifications in a technical field will be advantageous.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Ability to swim / formal diving qualification is advantageous.
South African citizenship is required; must have or be able to obtain a valid security clearance and must not hold dual citizenship.
Closing date: 23 December 2022
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please email us at Recruitment03@csir.co.za. Please do-not send your application to this mailbox, it is only for inquiries.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the employment Equity Act and will through the filling of this vacancy, give preference to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from registered credit bureau and/or South African Police Services (in relation to positions that requires trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances), and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualification and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.