Asset Management: Client Services Manager At Nedgroup Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
V & A Waterfront – Clock Tower Campus
About Nedgroup Investments
Nedgroup Investments is an award-winning global investment business with a growing presence in Africa and Europe. Nedgroup Investments offers a wide range of investment solutions for retail and institutional investors. Nedgroup Investments is a division of Nedbank Group Ltd, leveraging the investment and financial expertise of one of South Africa’s largest financial services groups. The Nedgroup Investments Best of Breed™ philosophy sees us partner with select fund managers who we believe are able to provide consistent long-term outperformance for our clients. These fund managers are experts in their field of specialisation and we tend to partner with them for long periods of time giving them sufficient opportunity to deliver on their mandate objectives. We obsess about long-term performance and our top priority is to deliver a superior investment experience for our clients.
To deliver a bespoke digital service experience to independent financial advisors with key outcomes of increased acquisition and retention of assets across product types and grow the Nedgroup Investments brand. A strong focus on growing and deepening relationships with financial advisors and their assistants through product administration, regulatory/tax support, digital engagement and training, Key to the success of this role is the ability to build strong collaborative relationships with key clients and stakeholders, ability to innovate and constantly improve and a bias for action.
The successful candidate would need to have a sound technical understanding of Collective Investment Schemes, Retirement and Life products and the relevant regulatory framework applicable.
- Deliver excellence on service standards that are relevant to the client segment
- Build strong strategic relationships between the Client Service Team, Business Development Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Create, embed, and maintain a strong client service ethos/culture in the team.
- Develop innovative solutions through collaboration with operational departments to address client needs/pain points.
- Build and utilise feedback from clients to improve the client journey and experience by initiating process and systems improvements
- Build client confidence that deviations will be resolved and minimise deviations by analysing relevant reports to identify trends and highlight process improvement opportunities for relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure efficient utilisation of resources and processes while managing risk appropriately
- Build and deepen relationships with key financial planning offices (planners and personnel) through training and social events
- Develop and implement a relevant digital servicing capability and model for financial planning businesses
- Adhere to, and ensure team adheres to, relevant process documents for all activities.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes. Follow the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
Qualification & Experience Level
- 8 years experience in an Asset Management environment
- 3-5 years experience as a Client Services Manager role
- Postgraduate diploma in Financial Planning (Preferred)