Assistant Director Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) Vacancy
Reference Number : refs/015656
Directorate : Intergovernmental Relations
Number of Posts : 1
Package : R 393 711,00 per annum exclusive of benefits
Enquiries : Sphiwe Nhlapho @ 011 355 8540, Lwandile Phaledi @ 011 355 8526, Lebogang Molefe @ 011 355 8060
- An NQF7 level qualification in Public Administration /Public Management / Public Relations/ Social Science or equivalent qualifications as recognized by SAQA. 3-5 years’ work experience in an IGR environment.
- Need a Code 08/10 license, Computer Literacy, Financial Management, Applied Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, People Management and Empowerment, Programme and Project Management, Communication (verbal and written) and Information Management, Interpersonal skills, Knowledge of Public Service Legislative Framework relevant to IGR, Research and Policy Analysis, Report Writing and Presentation Skills, Stakeholder Management.
- Provide inputs in drafting MOUs with Local, Provincial and National government departments, Chapter 9 Institutions and coordinate their signing.
- Coordinate and facilitate the IGR Forums.
- Provide inputs into the development of core systems and frameworks governing priority settings. Provide inputs into the development of IGR Programmes.
- Implement IGR programmes and projects. Draft and distribute agendas, programmes, and attendance registers.
- Coordinate the signing of attendance register and their signing, and filing. File projects / programme reports / documents.
- Submit signed copies of applicable documents to Office of the Premier (OoP). Correspond with all stakeholders within the different spheres of government to request inputs for IGR engagements.
- Provide Secretariat Support all IGR engagements in all spheres of government. Report on all IGR engagements.
- Report on progress on IGR programmes and projects. Provide inputs into the business unit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. Allocate tasks and supervise staff performance.
- Develop, motivate, and discipline staff.
- Manage leave. Develop budget for the Chief Directorate in consultation with the office of the Chief Financial Officer according to the Operational Plan.
- Manage monthly expenditure and procurement as per the Cost Containment Measures.
- Manage the Chief Directorate’s budget by planning as per the Operational Plan, reporting monthly, quarterly during budget adjustment period and at the end of the financial year.
- Online application only
Employer : Department of Economic Development
Location : 56 Eloff street
Closing Date : 12-12-2022