Business Development Manager Middle Market (KZN)
Who are we?
Glacier by Sanlam brings together leading experts and respected financial services companies to meet clients’ investment needs. We deliver focused investment services through specialist teams, partner with acclaimed financial intermediaries and pride ourselves on our superior products and solutions and high quality service. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, designed to assist in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our offering encompasses local investments, including fixed term investments and investments with guarantees, international investments, retirement saving solutions, and retirement income solutions. While each solution has its own distinct purpose, they all share the world-class quality and commitment that have come to distinguish Glacier.
What will you do?
The Business Development Manager will operate as a Retirement and Investment specialist in the middle market with a specific focus on positioning and marketing Sanlam and Glacier’s Investment Solution Set via the various distribution channels in SanlamConnect. This is a provincial role and traveling is required. Position is based at Glacier Office in Umhlanga.
What will make you successful in this role?
The following outcomes will be expected to be achieved by the Retirement and Investment specialist role / Business Development Manager:
• To service and support SanlamConnect Channels as well as the Glacier Distribution Channel IFA’s.
• To ensure that profitable annual sales volumes and monthly/quarterly targets are met by directly and actively growing and managing an Intermediary Portfolio.
• To develop and implement a provincial business plan for the Intermediary portfolio (sales volumes, investment education and training, marketing and client services – administration)
• To supply accurate investment, product, fund, service’s and investor information
• To train and develop the Intermediary’s and Intermediary’s support staff
• To support investment projects and campaigns (marketing support)
• To participate in investment product implementation (presentations, product development & client service support)
• To facilitate or identify Intermediary needs – technology, reporting and developing a profitable practice
• To co-ordinate and maintain effective SLA’s with all relevant stakeholders
• To ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements (e.g. FAIS, FICA)
Qualifications and experience
• Relevant financial/ investment qualification (Financial tertiary qualification)
• 3 –5 years’ experience in a financial distribution environment (middle market)
• Supporting and developing of intermediary (advisor & IFA) practices
• Proven Sales related success and track record
• Technical knowledge about retail investments, retail investment industry and trends
• Valid Drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
• Client focused
• Cultivate innovation
• Drive results
• Being resilient
• Leadership / Management Skills
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Significant proficiency in presentation delivery across multiple and diverse audiences and mediums
• Entrepreneurial Skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Positive, can do attitude with high self confidence levels
• Honesty, integrity and respect
• Ability to work independently
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Closing Date: 30 November 2022
Leave a Reply