Engineering Team Lead
WE ARE BASH
We are a team of leaders. True owners, humble learners and friends. We’re here to overcome big challenges, build tech solutions for people to enjoy, while doing the best work of our careers, together, as Bash.
This journey requires grit, ambition and teamwork to thrive. We are transforming SA retail for the better; using a stable, secure base as our catalyst for change. We are building on a scale that will test our limits but when we break through, the impact on us and our customers will be profound.
- Experience leading a team, with a focus on a very high quality output and team enablement
- Experience writing backend code and/or mobile applications – we primarily use GoLang for our backend services, and Flutter for our mobile applications.
- Experience in developing distributed, high transactional and available systems
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data structures, algorithms.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- A passion for observability and monitoring of the services you build.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of experience in a team lead position.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged (strong work experience can fill this gap)
This job is for you is you are:
- Genuinely passionate about technology and problem solving
- A team player who is always ready to support and collaborate
- A data driven decision maker with strong opinions and a bias for action
- A strong communicator who works well with others, and welcomes feedback
- A motivated leader who takes initiative and excels by taking ownership
- Experienced developing web oriented backend services and systems
- Knowledgeable about architectural patterns for systems and code
- Experienced with databases, caching, message queues, and similar systems
WHERE YOU’LL BE
Our working model is flexible and digital. We don’t clock watch or mind how or where you work. Our leaders are measured by their outputs and they know where and how they will get the job done.
We give agency and enable remote working, most of the time, for the people who want it. We are intentional about connecting and give you the tools & equipment to enable you to do work that matters. We also believe that doing certain types of work happens best organically which is why we encourage our teams to travel so we can make magic happen face to face. Our offices are a vibe. They are decked out to make collaboration easy and help our team create lasting connections with each other.
BASH BENEFITS: WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A seriously smart team of people! We are selective about who joins our team to make sure we’re made up of the best of the best
- Agency: Structures remain flat, accountability wide
- Top $$: The best people, in the right roles, earning at the top tier. Our ethos is about quality and aligning merit and output with the rewards. We believe in reciprocity.
- Saving for your future: Saving is not easy. Taking a chunk monthly for your future is imperative. We provide the fund and support to do just that
- Hackdays: These happen monthly as we push the envelope and give our teams freedom to find the space to do things they have only had time to wonder about
- Quarterly parties: Connection and community is our jam
- Extensive opportunity to learn: Library, blinkist, interest groups and team rotations
- Exclusive shopping discount: Save when you shop across 29 of SAs biggest brands