Head Of Planning – Beauty Vacancy at Woolworths South Africa
Advert reference: woolw_000463
Advert status: Online
Apply by: 24 November 2022
Industry: Wholesale & Retail Trade
Job category: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain
Location: Western Cape
Remuneration: Market Related
To deliver integrated merchandise planning strategies, which achieve set financial KPI targets and drive efficient delivery of the critical path. To lead and inspire a team to deliver the financial KPIs of the group.
· Apply marketing and customer information into the cataloguing and format strategies ensuring optimum customer facing availability.
. Deliver the merchandise strategy for every department for each merchandise cycle
· Apply the Pareto principle in range and seasonal planning
· Plan a framework for option numbers against agreed space and within the approved MP parameters, all against agreed seasonal targets
· Develop and sign off merchandise plans for all depts. Ensure assortment and space plans tie back to merchandise plans and delivers strategy.
· Identify key measures for clustering and confirm clusters. Present and review assortment plans based on space and number of options. Drive the productivity of space through performance monitoring.
· Work with Buying to evaluate and deliver a balanced detailed assortment plan in line with 9 box grid targets, and based on thorough post-season analysis(SWOT) and application of trends.Through sign off and review processes ensure alignment to business strategy and group KPIs
· Ensure disciplined application of the attribute framework to support trading analysis.
· Execution of the Brand Strategy
· Work with buying to analyse and recommend the price architecture as well as provide guidance on the appropriate number of price points.
· Deliver trading plan aligning marketing and visuals into dept selling strategy. Plan events and promotions ensuring financial KPI targets are met.
· Set markdown strategies and deliver to markdown targets
· Control the open to buy and manage stock levels to agreed commitment targets at every stage of the supply chain
· Management of stock commitment, reporting and targets at all levels of the Supply Chain.
· Adherence to Critical path and critical path reporting as well as quality control of the standard of work delivered.
· Effective management of the intake and flow of stock.
· Efficient warehouse utilization & processes and accurate allocation and replenishment to meet store demand.
· Optimise in-season trading opportunities for all depts. Review actuals vs projected and adjust forecasts
· Through weekly performance meetings Proactively identify the opportunities to increase or decrease product in season and manage inventory
· Review and revise merchandise planning in line with trading ensuring delivery to all KPIs and commitment control (zero tolerance of over commitment)
· Provide leadership and management to a diverse, competent and engaged team. Actively use performance management to raise standards of performance over time.
· Participating as an active member of the Merchant Academy, motivating and ensuring Planning function attendance. Play on the job coaching role.
· Support training to ensure consistent use of all planning systems and processes.
Qualifications and experience
· Relevant business diploma / degree
· 10-15 years retail planning experience- Cosmetics, Beauty or FMCG experience advantageous
· Proven experience in Supplier negotiations
· Ability to travel both locally and internationally
· Extensive understanding of retail both local and international
Competencies and behaviours
· Passion for retail, the Woolworths product, brand and customers
· Stakeholder management
· Influencing skills
· Negotiation skills
· Strategic and conceptual thinker with ability to identify insight translate strategy into plans and deliverables
· Analytical and able to pay attention to detail
· Commercial acumen: demonstrates basic business sense and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
· Team player: willing to work co-operatively with others, within a team and across departments, towards a common objective
· Planning, organising and prioritising skills
· Ability to understand and interpret local and international trends
· Strong communication skills
· Agility and flexibility
· Professional and courteous in line with the Woolworths values
· Problem solving ability
· Emotional intelligence
· Presentation skills/articulate
· Proactive, takes initiative and driven