Lecturer: Social Sciences and History, Dept. of Intermediate Phase
Advert Closing Date
Applications are required to teach in the field of Social Sciences and History in the Intermediate Phase through the medium of Afrikaans
Candidates with specific skills in the teaching of Social Sciences and History as part of Intermediate Phase Education on the Wellington Campus.
Potential candidates must have experience of teaching through the medium of Afrikaans
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree relevant to the teaching of History
- A relevant teaching qualification
- History as a major subject at undergraduate level
- At least two (2) years’ relevant experience in teaching at tertiary level or five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience at school level
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans (BEd tuition in Wellington is through Afrikaans)
A relevant Doctoral degree
Exposure to academic teaching methodology on a tertiary level
Evidence of competence in research
Key Performance Areas / Principal Accountabilities
- Teaching in the Intermediate phase
- Curriculum development and other learning material
- Academic administration
- Supervision of teaching practice
- Community engagement
- Assessment and Quality assurance
- Networking with schools and other partners
- Coaching and mentoring
- Personal/professional development
- Ability to align yourself to hybrid teaching and learning models (face-to-face and online learning).
- Other functions as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
- Good communication skills in Afrikaans and English
- Excellent teaching skills
- Good presentation skills
- Research skills
- Sound administrative and technical skills
- Continuous learning
- Developing learners
- Learner focused
- Mentoring and support for students
- Good work standards and ability to manage work
- Teaching with technology
- Planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of education policies nationally (including CAPS) for Intermediate Phase
- Ability to work in a team
- Network and partnerships
- Computer skills
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
For enquires and assistance with your online application, please contact Mr Odwa Siza, (Human Capital Department) on (021) 959 6738 or 0812484251.
Please ensure that your on-line CV highlights and includes the following information:
1. All your completed qualifications
2. Academic transcript for your undergraduate qualification
3. Details of your teacher’s qualification
4. Abstract for your Masters-degree and/or Doctoral degree.
5. Your major subjects at undergrad level
6. Subjects you have taught and at which level
7. Details regarding your research output/publication record and all scholarly achievement
8. Details of your Permanent Residency (where applicable).
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve our equity objectives and therefore, people from the designated groups, including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants whose appointment contributes towards the achievement of demographic representation. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
Leave a Reply