Medical Specialist Grade 1 (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) Vacancy
Reference Number : refs/015642
Directorate : Medical Services
Number of Posts : 1
Package : R 1 156 308.00 (all-inclusive package)
Enquiries : Dr. L.W Shabani Tel: (011) 898 8000
- An appropriate qualification that allows registration with HPCSA as a Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecologist, that is FCOG (SA), with MMED Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Registration certificate with HPCSA as a Medical Specialist, current proof of registration (2022/2023).
- Ability to work with fellow Specialists and multi-disciplinary team. Be willing to do commuted overtime.
- Experience as a Medical Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology will be an added advantage.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose, and oversee the treatment of patients.
- Improve quality of care by providing an appropriate clinical care. Supervising of Registrars, Medical Officers and Interns.
- Implement and monitor the adherence to the National Core Standards norms and standards.
- Reduce the risk of medical litigation by exercising good clinical practice and upholding sound ethical standards. Participating and collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team in managing and caring for patients.
- Supervising and completing medico-legal documents timeously e.g. death certificates and insurance firms. Participating as a leader in mortality and morbidity meetings and evaluating and assessing rotating Registrars, interns and students.
- Assist the clinical head with the administration responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) accompanied by a comprehensive CV and copies of ID, qualifications and driver’s license where applicable.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interviews. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified.
Persons in possession of foreign qualification must furnish the Department with the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applications received after closing date and time will not be considered, people with disability are encouraged to apply.
The candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications can be forwarded to the Human Resource Department, Tambo Memorial Hospital, Private Bag X2, Boksburg, 1459. Physical Address: Railway Street, Boksburg, 1459. Applicants are encouraged to use hand delivery or post office due to institutional technical problems. NB: The closing time on the closing date will be 12h00.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Tambo Memorial Hospital
Closing Date : 12-12-2022