SAFP Biology Lab Assistant Alice Campus Vacancy
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- BSc Honours in either Botany or Zoology, with both Botany and Zoology majors at undergraduate level.
- 2 years’ experience tutoring and/or demonstrating Botany or Zoology practicals at a tertiary or research institution.
- Evidence of conducting practicals for Botany/Zoology undergraduate modules.
MSc in Botany/Zoology.
- Prepare for all practical sessions (solutions, experimental setup etc.) for the SAFP students.
- Conduct practical sessions for the SAFP students and supervise the distribution and maintenance of laboratory equipment and oversee laboratory demonstrations.
- Mark all practical books and practical test for the SAFP students and enter practical marks for the semester marks and exams.
- Maintain and procure consumables and equipment for the practical sessions.
- Coordinate student demonstrators that assist in demonstrating experiments in SAFP practical sessions.
- Perform any duty that a Biology lecturer and/or the SAFP Manager may require from time to time.
Closing Date: 18 November 2022
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online. Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE.
- Submit the motivation and resume as well as supporting documents namely; ID/passport, certificates and three work-related referees, on the application website.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
Queries can be directed to Ms N Xotyeni on firstname.lastname@example.org OR 043 704 7190
The University reserves the right NOT to make a permanent appointment at this stage.
University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile.