Senior Financial Manager Post
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Requisition Number and Contact Details
REQ # 118142
Talent Acquisition Consultant – Ezekiel Dube
Location – Sandton
Closing Date – 14 November 2022
To direct; add value and enable business decisions through effective consolidated financial analysis; reporting and controls across a range of business functions or companies; in line with Nedbank business strategy.
- Provide meaningful recommendations, explanations and highlights of concerns or anomalies by analysing and interrogating financial information.
- Ensure accurate and timeous budgets are submitted and reviewed by ensuring that they align with key economic indicators and group strategic initiatives.
- Ensure accurate financial results by reviewing reconciliations and following up on unreconciled items.
- Compile Financial statements by complying with IFRS and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Comply with relevant legislation by reviewing and submitting statutory returns timeously.
- Consolidate financial reports and make value added recommendations by using information from various sources.
- Understand and meet stakeholders requirements through ongoing engagement.
- Assist in the achievement of group collaboration initiatives by identifying opportunities to create beneficial partnerships and synergies.
- Ensure relevant, best practice analysis and reporting by providing ongoing guidance and coaching to the team.
- Meet deadlines and targets through prioritising effectively, planning and communicating.
- Maintain high standards of analysis and reporting within defined timeframes by planning, organising and monitoring workflow.
- Contribute to intellectual capital development by providing continuous motivation, mentoring, coaching and on the job skills training.
- Achieve business objectives within a specific timeframes by scheduling and coordinating activities and identifying appropriate resources to perform these activities.
- Manage defined risks in the finance function and risk categories at targeted levels by adhering to internal and external guidelines/policies/ procedures/business rules/ compliance and governance requirements.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, process, services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Structure large sets of data to find useful information
- Use graphs and other methods to visualise data
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 years in financial management experience
- 2 years experience managing others.
- 2 – 5 years Python,C#,PowerBI, MS SQL, SSIS,SSRS.
- 5 Years knowledge of Retail Banking products.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Chartered Accountant / MBA/ CIMA
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business Acumen
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Industry trends
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Remuneration policies and principles
- Research methodology
- Building Partnerships
- Earning Trust
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
Leave a Reply