Talent Acquisition: Sourcing Specialist Vacancy At Old Mutual South Africa
Job requisition Id
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa and the specific business unit in question.
Job Profile Summary:
Your responsibilities will include coordinating with recruiting managers to define hiring criteria, sourcing potential candidates on professional platforms and reaching out to prospects via email or phone. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication skills to interact with candidates and internal teams. You should also be familiar with online and offline sourcing techniques, networking and searching for potential hires through candidate databases.
- Maintain a winning fit-for-purpose talent sourcing capability in line with business requirements
- Coordinate with recruiting line managers to define necessary requirements for open positions.
- Conduct all functions relating to the talent attraction process; advertising, telephonic screening, reviewing applications and collating the necessary supporting documents. interviewing, evaluation and appointment of new employees within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensuring that applicants meet the minimum requirements in line with the Financial Services Conduct Authority (FSCA) Regulatory Framework.
- Send recruiting emails & telephonic communication, WhatsApp for Business messaging to passive candidates and follow up when necessary.
- Browse candidate databases and contact past applicants for new job opportunities.
- Use social media professional platforms as well as professional networks and interact with potential candidates
- Advertise open positions to internal and external networks
- In line with the Employee Referral Programme, ask for referrals from current employees, acquaintances, and industry professionals
- Maintain organized databases with candidates’ data in line with the POPIA Act.
- Remove as this will be maintained by the admin team.
- Maintain candidate pools on WorkDay
- Attend professional events & subscribe to the necessary networks to build pipeline
- Keep in touch with past applicants for referrals.
- Use talent sourcing platforms like LinkedIn, PNET, Career Junction, WhatsApp for Business, TikTok etc to headhunt qualified candidates.
- Monitor, track and report on source of career platform, field sourcer, line manager, current employment and time-to-fill for each role.
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and techniques not limited to electronic portals.
- Ensure that the Management Information around the Talent attraction process is constantly updated; e.g. a database of potential identified internally and externally; analysis of rejections etc.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of scarce skills and future talent requirements of the business as well as employment equity targets. and proactively identify sources for candidates to meet these requirements.
- Maintain professionalism and ethics regarding the psychometric assessment process and evaluation of applicants
- Become an Old Mutual Talent Magnet to build our employer brand as the choice for Top Talent.
Experience and Skills required
- Drivers license
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or tertiary qualification.
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing Specialist, Headhunter, Recruiter or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of sourcing techniques & partnering with stakeholders to devise creative and effective candidate pools.
- Hands-on experience with sourcing tools (e.g. LinkedIn, PNET, Career Junction, Talent Neuron)
- Excellent communication and persuasion abilities (particularly when making cold calls and sending recruiting emails)
- Excellent ability to prioritise, co-ordinate, plan and execute sourcing strategy to deliver the pipeline needed.
- Time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple open roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and proactive decision making skills.
- Professionalism and use of discretion where applicable.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Initiative to meet business needs aligned with employment branding.
- 2-5 years experience in the bulk recruitment industry, with a focus on financial services.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Compliant)
- 2 years experience working with reputable Applicant Tracking systems.
- Dealing with confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal Agility.
- 15 January 2023
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.