Accounts Payable Administrator at MultiChoice City
Designation: Accounts Payable Administrator
Category: Group Finance
Closing date: 22 Nov 2022
Position Type: Permanent
Location: MultiChoice City
The MultiChoice Group is a multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and the Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security. Brands within the Group include DStv, GOtv, SuperSport, M-Net, DStv Media Sales, Showmax and European-based content security leader Irdeto. We’re proud to say we serve 20 million subscribers across more than 50 African markets, with a successful history of identifying and adapting to industry trends, allowing us to continuously deliver the best in entertainment.
By joining our passionate and creative team, you can help us achieve our objectives of expanding our pay-TV and SVOD (Subscription Video On demand) subscriber bases, improving advertising sales, spearheading cutting-edge technology, supporting local content and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Accounts Payable Team Lead
All Heads of Finance, Business Unit Managers, External Banking Teams, Business users, Finance Business Partners, Treasury Team and Requisitioners
Purpose of the Position:
This position is responsible for the processing and validation of all International and local creditor’s Invoices, reconciliations and query management thereof and other ad hoc finance functions including, but not limited to, Accounts Payable reporting, payments aligned to SARB are SARS VAT 404 requirements and general administrative duties within Accounts Payable department.
Key Performance Objectives
- Processing of Accounts Payable documents aligned to the Standard Operating documents and processes on GP, Coupa and SAP
- Preparation of documents for payment
- Decision on which accounts to pay/withhold.
- Preparation and review of supplier reconciliations aligned to creditors ledger, GRIR and invoice query
- Accurate processing of payment journals and bulk uploads
- Monitoring and processing of Synergy, GP, SAP and Coupa documents for payment
- Daily review of duplicate reports and invoice exception reports
- End to end process accountability for the Full Function Accounts Payable process from an Invoice Management, Vendor Reconciliation and Query
- Management standpoint, linked to agreed SLA’s
- Review and analyze the Accounts Payable accrual accounts (GRIR)
- Review and process foreign invoices with BOP codes aligned to SARB requirements
- Review Trade Creditors age analysis and provide support in terms of aged items and debit balances
- Processing of standard Accounts Payable Month-End transactions
- Follow up in internal queries with the relevant divisions to ensure that creditors are paid accurately on time
- Provide back up to team members within Accounts Payable
- Conform all processed within Accounts Payable to relevant rules and regulations as per company policy
- Ensuring correct allocations of returned supplier payments into relevant Vendor and general ledger accounts
- Accurate processing to General Ledger accounts
- Resolving supplier queries within agreed SLA’s
- To carry out any other Ad-hoc and Audit duties as may be required from time to time by management.
- Perform Supplier reconciliations aligned to the Standard Operating Document and Process
- Provide support in the onboarding of activities from Business to FSS Accounts Payable
- Communicate with Finance Business Partner’s and Shared Services
- Resolve queries with internal and external banks, treasury team and Finance business partner’s
- Ongoing liaison with internal stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience
- Bookkeeping and/or National Diploma in Accounting.
- Senior Certificate with Accounting as a subject.
- Industry knowledge specific to area of accountability.
- 2 years’ experience is essential.
- GP ERP Skills/Experience
- SAP ERP Skills, not required but advantageous
- Foreign/International Payments Skills
- SARB regulations
- Balance of Payments skills
- Forex (FX) deal booking
- Coupa ERP Skills, not required but advantageous
- High level of Excel experience and proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
Competencies – Behavioral
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking
Competencies – Technical
- Accounts Payable processes
- Vendor Reconciliations
- Payment reconciliations