Child and Youth Care Supervisor: Professional Services
Child and Youth Care Supervisor: Professional Services (Clanwilliam), Ref No. DSD 64/2022
The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to supervise the care and development of resident(s) placed within a Facility to enhance their well-being. This post is based in Clanwilliam.
Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification); A minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in Child and Youth Care Work after obtaining the required qualification; A valid Code B driving licence.
Key Performance Areas
Facilitate and supervise the caring for and life space interventions of children and young people will entail the following: Build a positive relationship with residents; Create a caring and stimulating environment for residents; Monitor the implementation of the daily structured programmes; Form part of a multi-disciplinary team; Ensure that the recommended developmental and recreational programmes are implemented by providing continuous support, guidance and advice to sub-ordinates; Monitor and participate in the evaluation of the recommended developmental and recreational programmes; Ensure reporting on progress with developmental and recreational programmes; Participate in the identification of incidents; Continuous professional development; Supervise and perform clerical/administration functions.
- Knowledge of the following: Minimum standards; Performance Management Systems; Child Care Act, policies, legislation, Batho Pele Principles and administrative procedures; New developments and methodologies in Child and Youth Care Work; Proven computer literacy in MS Office; Basic research and analytical skills; Communication (written and verbal) skills; Presentation and facilitation skills; Work effectively with Social Workers and members of multi- sectoral teams in social service delivery.
- R 202 176 per annum, Grade 1 (OSD as prescribed).
- Note on remuneration: Employees’ service benefits or obligations(13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc) are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
- Only applications submitted online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs or https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency test. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Should you experience difficulties with your online application, kindly note that technical support (challenges with online application) is only available from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16.00. You may contact the helpline at 0861 370 214. Otherwise, all other queries relating to the position, kindly contact the enquiries person as indicated in the advert.