CUT application status is a key part of the application process. You will need to check your status frequently after completing the application process.
Universities have grown in popularity over the years, with more students than ever before choosing to study for a degree. This has led to an increase in university applications every year. As such, universities now require prospective students to apply online as part of their process for getting into the institution. Once you apply to study at CUT, you will be asked to complete various tasks on their website.
CUT’s admissions team will use your admission request to determine if you are suitable for entry into their program. However, it can be challenging to know where your application is at any given time and what needs addressing. To help you along the way, we’ve listed some helpful tips regarding how you can check your application status and what you need to do once you’ve submitted it.
What to do when you’ve submitted your application
First, breathe. It is normal to feel a bit nervous and uncertain about the process at this moment. However, once your request is submitted, you can sit back, relax, and let CUT do the rest. When you submit your application, you can do a few other things to help your admission request move through the process a bit faster.
One Is, to upload all relevant documents to your study request. Make sure you have included official documentation (Academic certificates, ID cards, etc.).
Next, you can also contact your preferred faculty. If you have applied for a degree program, you can contact the faculty to introduce yourself and ask any questions.
And finally, you can also check your CUT status every so often.
What is the Central University of Technology application status?
Your application status is the status of your studying opportunity request. Your status will change as your admission request goes through the process.
However, it can be tricky to figure out what each status means and how to proceed through the process. This guide will help you understand everything about the CUT admission request status.
- Pending Review: This indicates that the Central University of Technology has received the admission request. The admission request needs to be reviewed before determining what documents if any, are required to complete the application. Applicants should check back for updates; the application status will remain as Pending Review until an admission decision has been made.
- Requires Action: Indicates that items are missing from the admission request. Applicants should check back for updates to their CUT online application tool for Unresolved Items
- Complete: Indicates that all the items required to complete the application have been received. Applicants can verify that items have been received by selecting the show items attachment link and looking for Completed Items.
- Admitted: Indicates admission to the program specified. Some offers of admission may come with conditions.
- Provisional Admission: Indicates admission to the program specified with a faculty-specific provision. There is a requirement to submit all outstanding To-Do List items for this program and meet other provisions stated by your faculty.
- Cleared Provisional Admission: Indicates that all the faculty-specific provisions of the admission have been met. Final Admission to the program specified is now confirmed.
- Ineligible: Indicates that admission to the program specified has been denied. The minimum requirements for consideration of admission have not been met.
- Quota Filled: Indicates that admission to the program specified has been denied. Although the minimum admission requirements for the program may have been met, the application was not competitive.
- Canceled: Indicates the admission request has been canceled.
Checking the status after submitting your application for 2023/2024
This is the moment you have been waiting for: Now you have to wait for your CUT application status.
You can check your status at the Central University of Technology at any time.
- Just go to the “University Website” page and click on “Apply Now”.
- Then Click on “Track Your Application Status”.
- Your status will be listed along with a little explanation of what each status means.
A Final Word
The next few months are going to be filled with excitement and anticipation. You will be waiting to hear back from CUT on whether or not you have been accepted. Make sure to keep checking your CUT admission status throughout the process. As soon as you see that your admission request has been received or that you have been given a conditional offer of admission, you can contact the admissions office to clarify any questions you have and get advice on what to do next.
The Central University of Technology application status Code Explained
Execute the recommended action, if any:
|A||Selected for instructional programme (senior students – Bloemfontein campus)|
|D||Instructional programme: No decision – Senior students|
|E||Conditionally Accepted postgrad – pending prerequisite qualification|
|G||Admission for instructional programme (new students – ALL campuses)|
|H||Admitted based on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)|
|I||Instructional programme waiting list (selection test required: interview),see https://www.cut.ac.za/selectiontests/|
|K||Not selected for instructional programme: No prerequisite subjects|
|L||Instructional programme waiting list (selection test; no interview), see https://www.cut.ac.za/selectiontests/|
|N||Instructional programme: No decision – New students|
|O||Instructional programme: No decision – After closing date|
|P||Not selected for instructional programme: Failed final selection|
|Q||Provisional acceptance for instructional programme (new students – ALL campuses)|
|R||Instructional programme: Interview (Marketing)|
|S||Selection testing for Project Management, see https://www.cut.ac.za/selectiontests/|
|T||Instructional programme (Provisionally accepted International)
NB: selection requirements met but need to comply for permit, passport and medical aid.
|W||Instructional programme: Waitlisted Students|
|X||Unsuccessful for instructional programme: Insufficient marks|
|Z||Not selected for instructional programme (alternative choice)|
|2||Extended Curriculum Programme (ECP) – unsuccessful|
|5||Prospective students: Selection for Extended Curriculum Programme (ECP)|
|7||Selection test – Language practice, see https://www.cut.ac.za/selectiontests/|
|8||Prospective students: Selection for PGCE|
Contact the Central University of Technology on the following telephone numbers should you have any inquiries about applications and/or registration for 2019. Tel: +(27) 051 507 4152 | +(27) 051 507 4153 | +(27) 051 507 4154/5/6/7
Leave a Reply