Development Manager- Amplify Health Vacancy at the Discovery Health
Business Unit: Discovery Health
Function: Information Technology
About Amplify Health
Amplify Health is a new Singapore-based digital health technology and integrated solutions business which has been launched as a Joint Venture between Discovery Group and AIA Group, a Hong Kong-based multinational insurance and finance corporation.
Amplify Health builds on the near 10-year working relationship between Discovery Group and AIA Group, which to date has focused on the integration of Discovery’s Shared-value Insurance model and the Vitality technology platform with AIA’s life insurance products through AIA Vitality across Asia. The success of the partnership is reflected in the growth of the AIA Vitality programme since its launch in 2013, now present in 10 markets across Asia, covering 1.3 million AIA Vitality members. This existing platform will form a powerful foundation for Amplify Health and its integration of health and wellness capabilities.
As a health technology and solutions business, Amplify Health’s focus is to build a range of health technology assets and provide its intellectual property and expertise to AIA’s rapidly growing health insurance businesses across the region. The new business will also deliver its health and wellness InsurTech services to third party businesses throughout Asia including other payors, hospital and other healthcare providers and governments. Amplify Health will provide specialised services including digital capability and product design and management, claims management, provider enablement, data analytics, and the Vitality wellness programme.
Amplify Health employees will collaborate to build a high performing, rapidly growing venture and to achieve an ambitious shared purpose of making Asia healthier. Amplify Health has an innovative, fast-paced, agile, and flexible working environment and is seeking to employ high energy, committed and passionate people who share Amplify Health’s mission and are willing to work hard as part of an outstanding team to bring that mission to life.
Where you would add value
Performing the role of a Systems Development Manager and act as a technical owner of product delivery. Managing relationships with Business Product Owners and external clients to ensure that business objectives are reflected in the technical processes which they manage. Managing and leading several streams of IT specialists and scheduling in the SDLC process. Managing a set of projects (potentially across teams). Ensuring that the software products remain adaptive to emerging client needs in its lifetime.
How you would make a difference
- Development delivery and support specific software products
- Contribute to product strategies
- Client relationship management and networking
- Ensuring alignment to business requirements from different stakeholders
- Building trust with clients by displaying managerial competence
- Understanding business requirements, business strategy and direction, risks, impact, and mitigation.
- Participating in different forums (MANCO, workshops/JAD sessions, reporting)
- Acting as consultant to internal and external clients
- Interfacing to other teams where required
- Project Management
- Management of activities within SDLC (Acting as the process owner)
- Participating and enabling the business deliverables prioritization process
- Scheduling and prioritizing tasks and resources
- Capacity management for the teams
- Project budget tracking and management
- Taking ownership of issues and driving to resolution
- Adherence to Quality, Standards, SLA’s and SDLC standards
- Human Capital Management
- Team management
- Capacity planning
- Driving skills development
- Mentoring/Coaching of team members
- Recruitment and Vendor management
- Conflict management
- Performance management
- Developing high performing teams – build quality products, delivering customer value in fast paced environment
What you need to be successful
- Tertiary Degree (B. Engineer, B.Com, BSc in information systems or computer science)
- Knowledge of ITIL, CMMI, PCMM
- Any Project Management or Scrum Master certifications will add value (CSM / PSM / CSPO / PSPO / PMP)
- Any Agile Certification (SAFe – highly preferred)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experiences in software development for large commercial entities and demonstrated leadership capability
- Experience in managing a software product development team essential
- Project Management knowledge and experience
- Understanding of software development principles
- Experience in Health Insurance
- ITIL services framework
- Leading diverse teams
- Knowledge in Agile management tools, techniques, and systems
- Exposure to a Pre-Sales environment including RFP’s
- Strong consulting experience and business acumen
- Business experience and product knowledge
- Exposure and knowledge of industry standards and legislation
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.