Job Vacancy as MFC Salaried Financial Advisor (Recruitment Pool) at Old Mutual
This role provides advice on a specific range of products to a specific allocated market and are individually accountable for achieving results through their own efforts.
What is a financial adviser?
The role of a financial adviser is one that demands utmost professionalism, integrity and a customer-centric approach. An accredited financial adviser commands the respect and trust of those customers who are entrusting their and their families financial futures to them.
The role calls for formal in-house training, the completion of the prescribed Regulatory exams, accreditation with the Financial Services Regulatory authority and requires continuous professional development.
As an accredited financial adviser with Old Mutual, you will represent the ideals and values to which the company has subscribed for over 175 years – Integrity, Professionalism, Customer-first, Advice led.
What is required of you?
- Provide appropriate financial advice, in line with the customer’s resources and financial goals, to enable positive financial futures and protection of assets and estate.
- Provide pro-active, on demand financial service and advice to customers within your allocated customer markets.
- As a financial services professional, you will be accountable for maintaining superior service delivery to your customers, through effective personal time and task management. Importantly, the financial adviser profession requires continuous personal development through the attendance and completion of accredited courses and programmes.
- Providing relevant and appropriate financial advice, hinges on a complete understanding of the customer’s personal and financial circumstances – and their goals or dreams for the future. As such, interpersonal and communications skills in order to build solid relationships are fundamentally important.
What do we need from you?
- A Grade 12 (Matric) certificate
- FAIS compliance
- RE5 an advantage
- A valid Driver’s licence and your own car
- A clear criminal and credit check
- A minimum of 3 years working experience (preferably in sales)
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office suite)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
What we can do for you!
Assist you in reaching your career goals and dreams by helping you grow, develop and build on your future aspirations through quality training and support to reach your potential. We lead with our values, which is at the heart of the great things we do. We champion our customers and employees. We are passionate about diversity and inclusion for mutually positive futures throughout our business clusters – Old Mutual Finance, Retail Mass Market, Old Mutual Invest and Personal Finance. The Group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa and the specific business unit in question.
Please note: No closing date, open for applicants to submit at all times. Suitable candidates will be reviewed and referred to available vacancies.
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.