Lecturer/Junior Lecturer: Mathematical Literacy at The Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Lecturer/Junior Lecturer: Mathematical Literacy, (contract 1 February until 30 November 2023), Dept. of SP & FET, Faculty of Education
Cape Peninsula University of Technology -> Education -> Senior Phase and Further Education & Train -Fet
Wellington Campus – Wellington, WC ZA (Primary)
The purpose of this contract is a replacement lecturer to teach Mathematical Literacy in the SP FET department at the Wellington Campus for the period 1 February until 30 November 2023 only
Please note that tuition at the Wellington Campus is Afrikaans. The successful applicant must be able to teach in Afrikaans.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant Master’s degree or a relevant Honours (Junior lecturer)
- A relevant teaching qualification
- Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy as a major subject at undergraduate level
- At least two (2) years’ relevant lecturing experience at tertiary level or five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience in the SP & FET Phase at school level
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in the preparation and evaluation of meaningful teaching experiences for SP & FET Phase students
- Experience and knowledge of support and differentiated teaching for learners experiencing barriers to learning related to Mathematical Literacy
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans (BEd tuition in Wellington is through Afrikaans).
Please note: Preference will be given to candidates that meet the requirements at Lecturer level
Key Performance Areas / Principal Accountabilities
- Teaching in the SP & FET Phase
- Administrating, supervising and evaluating teaching experiences
- Academic administration
- Curriculum development and other learning material
- Community engagement
- Assessment and Quality assurance
- Networking with schools and other partners
- Personal and professional development
- Coaching and mentoring
- Other functions as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication in Afrikaans and English
- Sound administrative and technical skills
- Academic management skills
- Mentoring and support for students
- Learner focus
- Good presentation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of education policies nationally (including CAPS) for SP& FET Phase as well as internationally
- Ability to work in a team
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
For enquires and assistance with your online application, please contact Mr Odwa Siza, (Human Capital Department) on (021) 959 6738 or 0812484251.
Please ensure that your on-line CV highlights and includes the following information:
1. All your completed qualifications
2. Academic transcript for your undergraduate qualification
3. Details of your teacher’s qualification
4. Abstract for your Masters-degree and/or Doctoral degree.
5. Your major subjects at undergrad level
6. Subjects you have taught and at which level
7. Details regarding your research output/publication record and all scholarly achievement
8. Details of your Permanent Residency (where applicable).
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve our equity objectives and therefore, people from the designated groups, including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants whose appointment contributes towards the achievement of demographic representation. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.