Pricing (Quantitative) Analyst
CVM Pricing and Modelling
To contribute to the development and maintenance of best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations (where applicable) in order to facilitate world class risk management.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Contribute to the development of differentiated; superior solutions (solution engineering) that meet stakeholder and business requirements through analysis.
- Ensure product and/or solution design is congruent with the required business specifications through meeting stakeholder requirements timeously.
- Ensure business needs are met by engaging and assisting business through face to face interaction and attendance at forums and committees .
- Assist the business to address queries by extracting and analysing data.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and complete data requests through monitoring of data as per client specification.
- Ensure continuity and knowledge base through documenting and recording processes and models.
- Provide insights enabling growth through analytical research; systems and marketing insights by delivering analytical results and making recommendations to stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to policy through data analysis and monitoring.
- Create efficiencies and streamline processes through analysis.
- Establish understanding of processes by bridging the gap between operational and analytical concepts through communication.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Degree in any numerate subject (Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Mathematical Statistics, Actuarial Science)
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 years’ experience
- SAS and Python
Type of Exposure
- Analysing situations or data that requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Executing strategy
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Managing multiple projects
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Skills