Senior Financial Officer Vacancy in Nedbank – Sandton ZA
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Requisition Number and Contact Details
REQ # 121929
Talent Acquisition Consultant – Ezekiel Dube
Location – Sandton
Manage Self: Professional
Gather, analyse, produce, maintain, develop and report reliable financial and non-financial management information to support the requirements of the RBB digital business as well as the 4 Cubed reporting tool.
- Forecast and predict monthly flash report towards end of every month by analysing trends and cost drivers.
- Generate and compare flash results performance to various budget figures and measure growth against previous periods by performing a variance analysis.
- Provide formal commentary and interpretation on financial information to stakeholders through variance analysis.
- Prepare adhoc reports by gathering information from various sources and analyse and interpret the data.
- Align reporting information to business changes by verifying and updating structural changes.
- Forecast annual staff costs and head count management through staff run rate report.
- Manage the cost of footprint roll-out by monitoring and reporting actual spend against budget.
- Conduct (plan, implement, monitor and adjust)financial planning process which includes annual budget, 3 year plans and quarterly forecasts by looking at trends, initiatives, distribution and cost drivers.
- Prepare financial, non-financial and adhoc reports to various stakeholders on monthly basis by gathering information from various sources and analyse and interpret the data.
- Train and upskill new and existing stakeholders on financial management through one on one meetings and training sessions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders on profitability by extracting information from various sources, interpreting and track on monthly basis.
- Align the Region’s strategy to the Bank’s strategy through business planning and stakeholder engagement.
- Prepare and present the monthly Opcom pack to the Regional Manco and Exco Team for Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Train and upskill new and existing line managers on financial management through one on one meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure that reporting deadlines are met to the finance team and stakeholders by adhering to set deadlines.
- Branch Administration Centres to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
- Manage, track and reconcile spend on training, local area marketing and donations to ensure compliance with relevant department’s policies and/or standards.
- Manage closed branches and adherence to process by engaging with various stakeholders (operations, capex, channel infrastructure) to minimise risk of possible fraud and losses.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives by engaging in staff surveys etc.
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Specific outputs for the job include:
- Produce a monthly digital income statement across RBB including key ratios.
- Assist with the full financial reporting and budgeting function for Avo, which is the most successful and largest beyond banking platform in SA. The successful candidate will hence get experience in how platform businesses are run.
- Show profitability per digital channel (app, web, ussd)
- Calculate key Digital KPIs
- Assist the digital business with preparation and review of business cases, including benefits tracking once projects land
- Monthly financial processes for the 4 cubed reporting tool
- Various analysis on product, segment, channel and geographical profitability using 4 Cubed
Minimum Experience Level
- Newly qualified CA
- 1 to 2 years post articles experience) with Big 4 articles experience.
- CASA with minimum 1 to 2 years financial management experience
- Good communication skills as will need to work with the various finance and business teams across RBB
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce: Honours – Accounting
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Managing Work
- Quality Orientation
Leave a Reply