Systems Developer Vacancy in Johannesburg ZA
- Reference Number : refs/015388
- Directorate : Information Communication Technology
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R269 214 per annum plus service benefits
- Enquiries : Ms. Avhatakali Nemukula 073 464 0234/066 156 6669 During office hours (Mon-Fri 08:00-16:00)
- Grade 12 plus three-year National Diploma (NQF Level 6) or a Bachelor’s Degree(NQF Level 7) n Information Communication and Technology /Computer Science /Informatics. 1-3 years’ experience (Internship programme) directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. No criminal record or pending cases against you. Knowledge and Skills Knowledge and proficient on Microsoft Visual Studio (C# Language) Windows Forms, and MVC for web development, including databases (SQL, MYSQL), .NET environment, MVC, Database creation, database management, and stored procedures (SQL Server), Ability to use SQL scripting efficiently, understanding of database inter-connectivity using web services, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Understanding of ETL tools (SSAS – Microsoft SQL Server’s Analysis Services, SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services, SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services). Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI tool to customize reports. Knowledge of version control tools e.g. (SVN, TFS, git, and DevOps). Understanding of Microsoft 365 dynamics platform will be an added advantage.
- Develop, implement, maintain, train and support business applications. Generate clear and concise documentations as required within the programmers and within the application documentation repository. Creation or rewriting of sub systems or making a major functional change to an existing sub system. Support the maintenance and the implement system development cycle. Ensure that all enhancement is communicated to the business analyst and updated in the BRS document. Develop ICT systems. Develop technical specification and source codes. Develop test plans and do systems testing. Investigate reported codes defects and resolve or recommend a solution. Maintain business systems. Monitor performance of assigned systems application, resolving operational issues. Establish coding guidelines (error handling, logging, testing, threading) and enforces guidelines, ensure that the design patterns can be maintained and extended. Provide updates and do corrective maintenance. Training of users. Develop systems manuals train users. Provide mentorship to an employee on system maintenance and conversion for the transfer of skills.
- Gauteng DCS is an equal opportunity employer and gender sensitive employer, and it is its intention to promote retrospectivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources Directives will be taken into consideration.. Applicants must apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za / http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. Applications must be submitted on new Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed new Z83 form should be accompanied by a recently updated comprehensive CV only (only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications). Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA)only when shortlisted. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification. The Department of Community Safety reserves the right not to make an appointment and to use other recruitment processes. The Department will not accept posted, emailed or hand delivered applications. people with disabilities are encourages to apply, and a confirmation of disabilities from a registered medical practitioner must be attached to the application. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Employer : Department of Community Safety
Location : Head Office (Johannesburg)
Closing Date : 02-12-2022