About Vaal University of Technology-VUT
Vaal University of Technology is a tertiary institution in South Africa. It attracts students from all over the country. It is one of the largest residential Universities of Technology, with about 25,000 students, 300 programs, all primarily taught in English
Facts about VUT
1. VUT is the only contact University of Technology that is situated in the Southern Tip of Gauteng.
2. VUT was established in 1966. It is now a fully-fledged University of Technology.
3. VUT celebrated 50 years of technological education in 2016.
4. VUT has produced leaders in private and public sectors.
5. VUT has four faculties that offer courses in Applied and Computer Sciences, Human Sciences, Engineering and Technology and Management Sciences.
6. VUT offers industry-tailored academic programmes.
7. VUT has three sites of delivery spread across three provinces (Gauteng, Mpumalanga and Northern Cape), with the main campus situated in Vanderbijlpark.
8. Satellite campuses specialise in fields that are relevant to the specific areas.
9. VUT draws its students from 29 countries around the world.
10. VUT is the only university in SA that offers Non-Destructive Testing.
11. VUT is the only university that fully owns a Science and Technology Park, situated in Sebokeng, south of Gauteng.