WITS Offered Courses –WITS courses: University of the Witwatersrand offers numerous courses and programs to its students. This is one of the reasons that many students try to get admission to the University of the Witwatersrand after passing out of high school. WITS Admission to many of the courses are accomplished based on National Senior Certificate (NSC) pass criterion. But there are different entry requirements and procedures for getting admission in different courses in the university. Thus, students should check out the courses that are available in the university. Also, they should check out the entry requirements and procedure of admission that is required for taking admission in a particular course in WITS.
WITS Courses: WITS offered Courses can be accessed here: https://www.wits.ac.za/study-at-wits/
Courses Offered by University of the Witwatersrand – WITS Courses 2023
The University of the Witwatersrand is one of the most popular and reputed universities in the nation,The university attracts a wide number of students to its diversified courses. University of the Witwatersrand WITS offers a huge list of courses to choose exactly the one that you are looking for. There are so many times when you may not get your dream course in any other university but surely may get it in WITS.
Consequently, the number of enrolments in the university is also huge every year. But it is not possible for the university to shortlist all the students who have applied. Hence, the university follows a certain selection procedure. If you are looking forward to getting admission to WITS with a particular course, you should check out the selection procedure and should prepare accordingly so that you can get selected, for more details you can check the University of the Witwatersrand WITS entry Requirements here.
University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) is among top-known universities of the country offering a majority of undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate and Diploma courses in which thousands of students get admitted every year. If you are an aspirant seeking admission to various programmes in the University of the Witwatersrand then you should check out the full list of courses offered by University of the Witwatersrand. Students may also refer to the official website regarding the same.
University of the Witwatersrand courses are available in various streams including science, commerce, technology, arts, humanities, business, and fine arts. WITS also offers distance courses in correspondence for aspirants who cannot attend full-time courses. Check out the list of University of the Witwatersrand undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate and Diploma courses below.
Courses Offered at the University of the Witwatersrand – WITS by Faculties and Colleges
Here is a Full list of courses available at each faculty and College available at the University of the Witwatersrand – WITS for the current academic year:
Undergraduate Courses Offered by University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Undergraduate Courses
WITS Courses- Here are the various Undergraduate courses offered across colleges and departments of University of the Witwatersrand:
Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management- WITS courses
The Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management offers world-class educational programmes that equip future leaders with business, management, and legal skills, while supporting your professional development.
We offer a wide range of undergraduate qualifications through the:
- School of Accountancy
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Business Sciences
- School of Law
- Wits Plus Centre for Part-Time Studies
Our programmes include the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) with flexible major combinations, and more specialised degrees, like:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Politics, Philosophy and Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce with Law
- Two-year stream
- Three-year stream
- Four-year stream
- Bachelor of Accounting Science
- Bachelor of Economic Science
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment- WITS courses
Degrees offered through the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment address South Africa’s social, spatial, and infra-structural needs, and include architecture, urban and regional planning, property studies, and construction studies.
This Faculty comprises seven Schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics and Management
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial and Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
We offer a range of undergraduate programmes, including:
- Engineering, in a range of fields
- Biomedical Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Digital Engineering (within Electrical Engineering)
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Property Studies
- Construction Studies
Faculty of Health Sciences- WITS courses
The Faculty of Health Sciences pioneers African and global research that improves and saves lives. Join a community of achievers and help to shape the future.
The Bachelor of Health Sciences offers three fields of study: Biokinetics, Biomedical Sciences, and Health Systems Sciences.
Degrees are offered in:
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Occupational Therapy
You will receive academic and practical training at five major hospitals in Johannesburg, at several clinics and rural hospitals in Gauteng, and at the Donald Gordon Medical Centre, which also assists clinicians with all aspects of their clinical research.
More than 500 students graduate from our faculty every year.
Faculty of Humanities- WITS courses
The Faculty of Humanities is among Africa’s leading centres of study in the Arts, Social Sciences, Human and Community Development, Education and Literature, and Media.
Choose between vocationally oriented programmes for specific careers, and theory and research-oriented programmes for careers in academia and research institutes, the public and private sectors, and non-governmental organisations.
Three schools in the Faculty of Humanities offer professional (vocational) programmes
- Wits School of Arts (WSoA): Digital Arts; Theatre and Performance; Film and Television; Fine Arts and Music
- Wits School of Education (WSoE): Foundation Phase Teaching; Intermediate Phase Teaching; Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching
- School of Human and Community Development (SHCD): Speech-Language Pathology; Audiology; Social Work
Faculty of Science- WITS courses
The Faculty of Science has a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research. Studying science opens doors to careers in fields like medical research, chemistry, computer science and biotechnology.
There are nine Schools in the Faculty, clustered into four groupings:
- Mathematical Sciences: Actuarial Sciences; Computational and Applied Mathematics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Mathematics of Finance; Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Science: Physical Science; Chemistry with Chemical Engineering; Material Science; Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Earth Sciences: Geography and Archaeology; Geospatial Science; Geological Science
- Biological Sciences: Biodiversity; Ecology and Conservation; Organismal Biology; Applied Bioinformatics; Biochemistry and Cell Biology; Genetics and Development Biology; Microbiology and Biotechnology
Postgraduate Courses Offered by University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Postgraduate Courses
Here are the various Postgraduate courses offered across colleges and departments of University of the Witwatersrand: https://www.wits.ac.za/display/?keyword=&courseLevel=Postgraduate
Short Courses Offered by University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Courses
Here are the various short courses offered across colleges and departments of University of the Witwatersrand:https://www.wits.ac.za/part-time/short-courses/
WITS Certificare and Diploma Courses Offered by University of the Witwatersrand, WITS Courses
Here are the various Diploma courses offered across colleges and departments of University of the Witwatersrand: https://www.wits.ac.za/study-at-wits/
List of courses offered by Wits Language School: WITS courses
- Basic Research Skills for Interpreting Studies
- Business Writing
- Conference Interpreting Skills
- Communicative Grammar
- Computer Literacy and Basic Editing
- Copy-editing and Proofreading
- General English
- English for Critical Thinking in a Business Context
- English for University Success
- English Foundations
- English Fundamentals
- English Speaking and Pronunciation
- Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to Interpreting Skills
- Language Refinement for Language Practitioners
- Language Enhancement for Teachers
- Law Theory for Interpreters
- Legal Interpreting Skills
- Liaison Interpreting in Specific Contexts
- Principles and Practice of Interpreting
- Principles and Practice of Translation
- Presentation Skills
- Report Writing for Executives
- South African Sign Language
- Specialised Conference Interpreting Skills
- Teaching Business English
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching South African and International Languages
- Translation Methods