Administration Clerk (ERRATUM ON DIRECTORATE AND NOTCH) in Johannesburg Academic Hospital
- Reference Number : refs/015481
- Directorate : Patient Affairs Department
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 181 599.00 (per annum plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms. M. Bodibe Tel: 011 488 379
- Grade10 or equivalent /Grade 12 or equivalent. Knowledge of: clerical duties, as well as the ability to capture data, operate a computer (Microsoft Office package), Knowledge and understanding of legislative framework governing the Public Service e.g. Batho Pele Principles, PFMA, Treasury regulations and financial policies and procedure. Skills: Good verbal and written communication, typing, planning and organising, problem solving, time management and ability to interpret directives. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Planning and organizational. Must be able to deal with confidential information and apply good judgement. Ability to work independently and be able to meet deadlines. The following will be an added advantage: Experience in admin clerk environment as a generalist Patient Affairs.
- General administration duties as instructed by Head of Department. Submitting of Patient files to Medical Records on regular basis. Register, secure appointments and admin. Do ward census. Transfer patients on system. Updating of unknown patients and all other patients with insufficient information. Use ITC (TransUnion) to check patient financial status. Enter ICD 10 codes. Attend to enquiries by public/community. Classifications and other information relating to patients must be updated/ work as part of a team by ensuring accurate capturing of data and billing purpose. Capture down time in line with Circular 11 of 2014/ Update patient information on every visit and review classifications. Strictly adhere to internal controls processes. Compile departmental stats if required. Attend meeting, workshops and training as delegated by managers and supervisors. Work strictly in line with Auditor General and National Core Standards requirements. Perform duties in accordance with job description.
- Applications should be submitted on a (PDF Format only) to the following email-address: Supporthr03.Cmjah@gauteng.gov.za. Only online application will be considered. PLEASE USE THE REFERENCE AS THE SUBJECT. NOTES The new Z83 must be fully completed (please refer on the left side of Z83 special notes for clarity), it must be initialed and signed. On the Z83 the Department where position was advertised it should state Department of Health. According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit a fully completed Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae only. The Curriculum Vitae should be recently updated that specifies the following: All experience should be in a chronological order indicating the position, institution and respective dates indicating the starting and ending period (DD/MM/YYYY). The information on the new Z83 must be in sync with the Curriculum Vitae. Only shortlisted candidates will be required/requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on or before the interview. Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be immediate supervisor and must be contactable, the Department shall reserve the right to conduct verification beyond names provided, where necessary. Failure to submit all the relevant information preceding the statement above will result in disqualifying the candidate. Identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Candidates in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) (Only when shortlisted). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. Institutions reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserve the right not to fill the post. The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. People with disabilities, Coloured Males and Coloured Females, Indian Males and Indian Females, White Males and White Females are encouraged to apply.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
Closing Date : 09-12-2022