Assistant Accountant Vacancy At The AngloGold Ashanti
Vacancy: Assistant Accountant
Department: Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
Location: Corporate Office – 112 Oxford Road, Johannesburg
The incumbent will be responsible for the end-to-end accounts receivable function within AGA with a current debt book in excess of R 70 million. The role involves collecting, processing, reviewing, reconciling, and presenting accurate financial data within the AR avenue. The creditors’ portion of this role will be responsible for carrying out accounting and administrative duties such as the processing and payment of vendors’ invoices, reconciliation of statements, following up on unpaid vendors, and obtaining statements and invoices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Accounting.
• 10 years experience in Accounting.
• Experience in process director invoice automation.
• Solid understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable and tax principles.
- Ensure invoices are matched against requisitions, purchase orders and GRV/SES.
- Ensure requisitions, purchase orders and invoices are properly authorized and are in accordance with the appropriate levels of authority.
- Ensure the correct GL account & vendor account is utilised when processing invoices in Accounts Payable module.
- Ensure that the correct VAT is applied to invoices and tax compliance achieved.
- Preparation and submission of creditors’ reconciliations.
- Timeous payment of invoices, ensuring discount claimed where applicable.
- Timeous follow up on all AP queries.
- Processing of journals.
- Review and processing of items on the “Blocked Report”.
- Prepare monthly analysis of the creditors list and aging including GRIR.
- Prepare balance sheet recons during the course of the month and the finalisation at month end.
- Assist in preparation of cost/profit centre reports, by maintaining and providing analytical support.
- Ensure audit deliverables are maintained according to the standard required by the auditors.
- Any ad-hoc duties which are assigned.
- Participate in management routines as required
- Training of processors in the section.
- Supervision of processors in the section (when required).
- Processing of DTR’s.
- Issuing of invoices, credit notes and customer Statements.
- Send invoices, credit notes and statements to customers.
- Sorting out of queries.
- Debt collecting according to company policy.
- Processing of customer master data.
- Allocation of bank deposits to customer accounts.
- Performing the different bank reconciliations.
- Preparation and reconciliation of all AR balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation & reporting of the Age Analysis.
- Preparing VAT Adjustment Journal.
- Requesting the VAT Report from SAP.
- Processing of SARS (VAT201).
- Processing of SARS (EMP201).
- Preparing of the ADSL Journal.
- Preparing the Inventory Reconciliation.
- Preparation and submission of the provision for bad debt.
- Preparing of provision of bad debt Reconciliation.
- Compliance and updating of current SOX Controls.
- General accounting which includes Journals, Reconciliations, invoice verification.
- Preparing month end presentation backup and graphs.
- Preparation for the FNB signature List.
- Preparing of the following Reconciliations:
1. Sundry Customers.
2. Gross Pay.
3. VAT Down Payment Account.
4. Payroll Payments to Third Parties.
5. Payroll Deductions – Finance Accruals.
- Financial Account entries: Loans & Advances Employees; Deceased Estate Accrual and Payroll Deduction – Finance Accruals
- Responsible for full AR SAP Debtor administration.
- Responsible for the regular communication with external and internal Auditors.
- Ensure accurate preparation and control of month-end GL reconciliations.
- Engagement with legal on contingent assets and any litigation impacting the AR function.
- Training and supervision of staff where necessary.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- Technologically driven with innovative ways of work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, and able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Time management skills.
Financial Manager: Corporate Transactional Functions
As per AGA salary scales
Please submit the Job Application with a comprehensive CV on SuccessFactors by close of business on 13 March 2023. As a matter of courtesy, kindly inform your Line Manager of your intentions to apply.
Please note that applications should be submitted on SuccessFactors before close of business on 13 March 2023. Applicants not contacted within 30 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.