Associate Professor (HR Management & Management) at at the University of the Witwatersrand
Job Title; Associate Professor (HR Management & Management)
Organization Name; School of Business Sciences
School of Business Sciences ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN BUSINESS SCIENCES (MANAGEMENT)
Faculty: Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management
Position: Associate Professor – Management – Full time
Remuneration: A competitive salary package will be offered.
School: School of Business Sciences
The School of Business Sciences (SBS) is one of six schools in the Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management at the University of the Witwatersrand. The School offers an active research environment and unrivalled access to industry and international bodies, as a result of being located in the country’s industrial heartland. It delivers both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Information Systems, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Management, Insurance and Risk Management. For further information please visit our website at http://www.wits.ac.za/sbs/.
The School’s Human Resource Management and Management Division seeks to employee an Associate Professor in the broad fields of Management (Principles of Management, Innovation Management and Intrapreneurship, Project Management, Operations Management, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Management) with the following qualifications/requirements:
- A PhD in Management or Business Management
- A Bachelor’s, honours or masters degree with a major in Management or Business Management
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role
- Extensive record of excellence in relevant high-impact academic publications, initiating and leading research projects, and acquiring funding for research projects.
- A demonstrable and an extensive and successful track record in supervising postgraduate students, including at PhD level.
- Excellent planning, organisational and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse background
- Expertise in strategic, innovation, and project management will be an advantage. A track record of work experience in a business management role will also be advantageous. An NRF rating (or equivalent), or the capacity of obtaining one within three to five years
Expectations of successful associate professor applicant:
- Supervise postgraduate students, and possibly mentor or collaborate with postdoctoral fellows
- Design, teach and administer undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Willingness to serve as head of the Human Resource Management and Management Division, if required
- Undertake research and publish extensively, especially in high-impact journals.
- Be involved in initiating and managing research projects
- Identify opportunities and apply for external research funding, whether as an individual or in collaboration with internal, national, and international colleagues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant research, community, industry, government, and professional organisations to establish beneficial collaborations and partnerships.
Enquiries only: Suvera Boodhoo, Head of Division (Human Resource Management and Management), e-mail: email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
To apply: Submit a covering letter, a detailed CV (with names, addresses and contact details of three contactable referees), a one (1) page statement of teaching and research philosophy and certified copies of degrees/diplomas by registering your profile on the Wits i-Recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful. In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups, as defined in the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. The University of the Witwatersrand reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates. Preference may be given to appointable internal candidates. The University of the Witwatersrand reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Closing date: 31 December 2022