Project Manager (Intermediary) Job Vacancy at Discovery
Business Unit: Sales & Distribution
Function: Programme & Project Management (Technical)
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
Managing the delivery of high-quality systems projects which span over multiple business areas, ensuring that the project objectives and business requirements are met. Applying and adhering to the Project Management principles and processes and ensuring that they are effectively applied throughout the lifecycle of the project, through to project closure and operational handover.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
- Planning and Defining Scope
- Activity Planning and Sequencing
- Manage the resources for the project from start to end
- Provide coordination for kick off meetings for projects and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the tasks required of them
- Developing Schedules
- Time and cost estimating
- Developing and managing Budgets
- Effectively report on Projects, including accurate, effective and efficient project document control and record management.
- Managing Project Risks and Issues
- Obtain Governance approvals for all projects.
- Team Leadership including coaching, mentoring and upskilling of junior project management and project administrators
- Strategic Influencing
- Working with partners and other business units and external vendors
- Controlling Quality
- Projects Benefits Realization
- Strong understanding of the SDLC, waterfall and agile methodologies
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Drives Results
- Values Driven
- Can-Do attitude
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Problem Solver
- Manages Complexity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of engagement
- Balances Stakeholders
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Matric (Essential),
- Project Management Qualification (Essential)
- Agile Certification (Essential)
- Relevant Tertiary qualification (advantageous)
- Min 3 Years Project management Essential
- Min 3 years of Financial Services industry knowledge and experience essential
- Ability to coordinate complex technical and business projects.
- Ability to oversee multi-function internal and external project teams
- Proven track record of business and systems related project delivery
A good understanding and prior delivery of Agile and traditional (SDLC) project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.