To design and maintain optimal data models/structures at both an enterprise and system / application level that meet the business and architectural objectives of the organisation. To create structures that enable data to be persisted in a structured way to enable the value of the data to be unlocked. To create appropriate data and class structures that enable the flow of data between providers and consumers.
- • Design data models that meet the business requirements and align to the agreed architecture framework.
• Ensure data modelling deliverables are delivered according to project plan and budget to meet commitment to stakeholders.
• Ensure all data modelling activities and deliverables are aligned to the development methodology and to the data modelling principles and standards
• Apply the Nedbank approved tooling to create the data modelling deliverables.
• Adopt the Enterprise Data Model (which is based on the IFW) as a standard for data model designs to leverage best practice and fast track data modelling efforts.
• Translate business requirements into data requirements.
• Analyse and profile the source data to understand data quality issues , relationships, patterns and rules in the data.
• Structure data requirements into logical data constructs based on the Enterprise Data Model, including ERD models, dimensional models to ensure optimal implementation.
• Compile Source to Target Mapping Specifications including the appropriate Transformation Rules
• Identifying definitive or authoritative source of data ; analysing source data; and identifying gaps to target structures
• Enable physical implementation of the data structure by generating the first cut physical data model from the logical data model.
• Facilitate dataflow understanding by collating dataflow diagrams outlining the flow of data across systems and interfaces.
• Reduce non value adding work by identifying opportunity for re-use of the Enterprise Data Model
• Maintain up to date knowledge of latest developments in the Data Modelling domain, including reading; continuous professional development courses; seminars and conferences.
• Contribute to the creation of a comprehensive governed framework by working with the data modelling CoE and contributing towards defining the data modelling standards.
• Advise stakeholders on application of data modelling practices through consultation.
• Perform peer review on work performed by other team members
• Identify opportunities to improve or enhance processes
• Provide Overall Data Management Guidance and alignment to Nedbank’s Data Management framework and standards
• Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
• Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values
• Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
• Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce , Bachelor of Science: Information Systems / Computer Science
Minimum Experience Level
- 3-5 years and/or relevant industry experience as well as experience in the Data Modelling discipline.
- Able to demonstrate practical experience in , OO modelling experience also an advantage
- Exprience using Infosphere Data Architect or any other Data Modelling Tool
- Experience with industry models such as IFW BFMDW
- Broad understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture
- Relevant regulatory knowledge, and understanding of banking and financial services
- Experience in NOSql and other forms of database modelling advantageous
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Data analysis
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Data Warehousing
- Data and Business analysis
- Data base Administration (DBA) Principles and Admin Concepts
- Data base administration
- Data modelling tool
- Database Knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Work Standards
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills