Data Scientist Vacancy At Bash in Cape Town
WE ARE BASH
We are a team of leaders. True owners, humble learners and friends. We’re here to overcome big challenges, build tech solutions for people to enjoy, while doing the best work of our careers, together, as Bash.
This journey requires grit, ambition and teamwork to thrive. We are transforming SA retail for the better; using a stable, secure base as our catalyst for change. We are building on a scale that will test our limits but when we break through, the impact on us and our customers will be profound.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define channel and content strategies, and communication style and oversee the implementation of the rollout.
- Identifying, analysing and interpreting trends in Fulfilment data sets
- Investigating and resolving data issues by liaising effectively with appropriate business and tech teams
- Finding, cleaning, compiling and storing the datasets needed by Bash fulfilment
- Designing the models and datasets needed by Bash’s fulfilment to plan and optimise the Bash fulfilment network
- Building the tools needed to analyse and optimise our datasets on an ongoing basis
- Seasonal and growth planning and readiness by modelling and simulating end-to-end business impacts and bottlenecks
- Data modelling and inputs for budget planning cycles
- Last-mile analysis and optimisation with a special focus on inventory placement within the network to support customer demand
- Modelling and optimisation of store stock fulfilment scenario for optimal customer response at the lowest cost
- Data modelling in support of Fulfilment Centre design and scenario planning
- Optimisation problems and scenario modelling and testing as required
- Custodian within Bash-fulfilment and advocate across the business for high-quality data objects, i.e., master data, inventory, location information, etc.
- Being a thought leader in the use of data and modelling to solve problems within Bash and wider TFG business
- Interfacing with BI, analysts and engineering teams on modelling, analysis and data needs
- Assist in data benchmarking across TFG brands and regions as well as external benchmarking
WHO YOU ARE:
This job is for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field – computer science/mathematics/engineering/science
- Post-graduate degree – engineering/statistics/mathematics advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years BI and data analysis experience
- Advanced experience in analysis tools Python / R/ SAS
- Experience writing production-ready Python code, and deploying and maintaining models would be advantageous
- Knowledge of warehousing and logistics
- Excellent data interpretation skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management and optimisation
- Knowledge of the retail industry and merchandise life cycle management would be advantageous
- Understanding supply chain principles and inventory science would be advantageous
- A customer-centric approach
Skills you already have:
- Growth mindset with a desire to test new ideas to unlock growth
- To think about, design, and implement creative solutions to hard problems
- To work on a variety of new and unsolved problems
- To be challenged, every day
- To deliver high-quality work at speed
- To execute with precision
- To be part of a high-performance team of professionals
- To grow as a person and a professional
- To have fun while doing your job
WHERE YOU’LL BE
Our working model is flexible and digital. We don’t clock watch or mind how or where you work. Our leaders are measured by their outputs and they know where and how they will get the job done.
We give agency and enable remote working, most of the time, for the people who want it. We are intentional about connecting and give you the tools & equipment to enable you to do work that matters. We also believe that doing certain types of work happens best organically which is why we encourage our teams to travel so we can make magic happen face to face. Our offices are a vibe. They are decked out to make collaboration easy and help our team create lasting connections with each other.
BASH BENEFITS: WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A seriously smart team of people! We are selective about who joins our team to make sure we’re made up of the best of the best
- Agency: Structures remain flat, accountability wide
- Top $$: The best people, in the right roles, earning at the top tier. Our ethos is about quality and aligning merit and output with the rewards. We believe in reciprocity.
- Saving for your future: Saving is not easy. Taking a chunk monthly for your future is imperative. We provide the fund and support to do just that
- Hackdays: These happen monthly as we push the envelope and give our teams freedom to find the space to do things they have only had time to wonder about
- Quarterly parties: Connection and community is our jam
- Extensive opportunity to learn: Library, blinkist, interest groups and team rotations
- Exclusive shopping discount: Save when you shop across 29 of SAs biggest brands