GCRA bursary stipend or GCRA bursary allowance is the amount of money or financial aid that Eligible GCRA bursary students will be receiving. The GCRA bursary allowance covers Books, laptops, meals, living allowances, and Accommodation.
PROCESSES TO UNDERTAKE AFTER THE APPROVAL OF YOUR GCRA BURSARY APPLICATION
STEP 1: Once you have received the confirmation and notification from the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) that your GCRA Bursary Application was approved, log onto your application and download your GCRA Bursary Award Letter.
STEP 2: Accept the Terms and Conditions of the agreement and accept and sign the GCRA Contract.
STEP 3: Now provide the GCRA Bursary Award Letter to your Institution’s Financial Aid Office (External Bursaries).
STEP 4: If the bursar is residing at off-campus accredited residence, please provide the Institution’s Financial Aid Office with the Lease Agreement and Invoice as well as to GCRA if requested.
STEP 5: To access GCRA Allowances fill out the necessary paperwork available on the institution’s Financial Aid Portal that your Institution’s Financial Aid Office requires for them to pay out allowances or follow the instructions as provided by the relevant GCRA Bursary Administrator.
GCRA Fee Breakdown: GCRA bursary stipend
NB: Allowances can only be issued to Bursars in the instance where their institution can distribute the GCRA bursary amount to GCRA Bursars.
|Books||R 8 000||Once of for the Entire Year||N/A|
|Laptop||R 10 000||Once off for the duration of qualification||N/A|
|Meal and living allowances||R 1 650,00 p.m.||For ten (10) months||Off-campus or Self-catering
|R 650,00 p.m.||For ten (10) months||Catering residence|
|Accommodation*||R65 000||For ten (10) months||Self-catering Off-campus residence (NB!)|
|R84 000||For ten (10) months||Catering residence|
- NB: GCRA will not pay for meals consumed from the dining hall if the bursar resides at an off-campus self-catering residence.
- GCRA will not cover holiday accommodation and meals.
- GCRA will not cover any additional residence fees over the specified amounts.
Other Important Information Related to Fees:
- Inform GCRA of any changes you want/need to make to courses, qualifications, institutions, and residences before you make the changes where applicable.
- GCRA will not pay for any additional courses added by the Bursar after they have completed their registration with the institution.
- You are obligated to inform GCRA if you have any other sponsors currently.
- GCRA reserves the right to terminate the agreement between the Bursar and GCRA at any moment without notice if any of the Terms and Conditions are broken by the Bursary
How do I know that I am on top 3