International Relations Officer at The Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Advert Closing Date
To enhance the effective administrative functions of the international relations office as well as the provision of efficient and effective service delivery to staff and partners.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A relevant three-year National Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Three years’ experience in an international higher education environment dealing with student exchange and study abroad.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in the coordination and support of international capacity programmes.
- Understanding of international projects and funding applications.
Key Performance Areas / Principal Accountabilities
- External/internal liaison.
- Work with the Manager to develop a comprehensive portfolio of international capacity development programmes and work packages in line with CPUT’s strategic direction and needs.
- Coordinate and facilitate student exchange and study abroad programmes.
- Coordinate Internationalisation at Home and Internationalisation of the Curriculum activities.
- Client service.
- Liaison of the partnerships across networks.
- Support the Directorate, in taking responsibility for the coordination of international projects and student exchange administration.
- Administrative duties.
- Arrange activities in support of the programme objectives.
- Ensure that financial obligations are adhered to for project and exchange student coordination.
- Report generation.
- Collating information and providing feedback to the Manager and the partners as required.
- Ability to work independently and ability to use his/her own initiative to resolve problems and to be pro-active to get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team and work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines.
- Understanding of protocols when dealing with high-level international guests.
- Financial coordination and project management skills.
- Ability to deal with conflict.
- Working knowledge of MS WORD, MS EXCEL and MS PowerPoint.
Closing date: 27 November 2022
For enquires and assistance with your on-line application, please email Mr Jabu Makhambi, (Human Capital Department) at email@example.com
NB: PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CPUT EMPLOYEES THAT MEETS THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS .
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve our equity objectives and therefore, people from the designated groups, including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants whose appointment contributes towards the achievement of demographic representation. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
Leave a Reply