ECP Lecturer Chemistry (5-year contract) X2 Vacancies
Advert Closing Date
Teach ECP students in the discipline of Chemistry in the Department and to other serviced departments in the Faculty and Institution; support the research capacity in Chemistry through collaborations, fund-raising and post graduate supervision; and contribute to the Department’s goals in teaching, research community engagement/administration, and work integrated learning.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Masters degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- Base qualification in Chemistry or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in the relevant field, one of which must be teaching in Higher Education.
Key Performance Areas / Principal Accountabilities
- Undergraduate foundation teaching – General Chemistry
- Supervise under- and post graduate student projects
- Perform academic and administrative responsibilities in the department
- Participate in curriculum development
- Contribute to research in Chemistry
- Perform student assessments
- Participate in the Quality Assurance activities of the Department
- Assist with marketing and recruitment activities
- Participate in Community Engagement & Service Learning activities
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- Conduct laboratory sessions
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Presentation skills
- Adaptability and team work
- Continuous learning
- Strong learner focus
- Communication and Coaching skills
- Administrative skills
- Proficiency in English
- Research and academic writing skills
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
For enquires and assistance with your online application, please contact Mr Odwa Siza, (Human Capital Department) on (021) 959 6738 or 0812484251.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve our equity objectives and therefore, people from the designated groups, including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants whose appointment contributes towards the achievement of demographic representation. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
Leave a Reply