Lecturer At The WITS University
Job Title Lecturer (50% Permanent Post)
Location Braamfontein, ZA
Organization Name Drama for Life – Wits School of Arts
Drama for Life is internationally recognized as the University of the Witwatersrand’s unique postgraduate academic, research and community engagement department that brings together the disciplines of Applied Drama and Theatre, Performance Ethnography, Performance Studies, Arts Education, Drama Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapies within the context of a critical reflexive praxis.
This post is a 50% permanent appointment.
• Teaching theory and practice of Arts Therapy at postgraduate level;
• Compiling the course outline and course reading material
• Monitoring and reporting on student attendance and progress
• Coordinating course examinations and submission of course marks
• Research Supervision at Honours and Master’s levels in Drama Therapy
• Contributing to creative and traditional research output of Drama for Life ;
• Aligning and managing Drama for Life’s community engagement strategy with its academic offerings.
• Making significant contribution to curriculum development in Drama Therapy
• Support with academic administration, departmental governance, school level committee representation, student consultations, attend staff meetings and related activities
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Arts Therapy as a field of specialisation;
• Teaching experience in Arts Therapy;
• Experience as a lecturer at a tertiary institution;
• Demonstrate an understanding of Applied Drama and Theatre and its relationship/interaction with Arts Therapy
• Experience working as an Arts Therapist in clinical, psycho-education and community settings. The candidate must have experience of working in multidisciplinary psychiatric settings that address serious mental illnesses.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
External applicants are invited to apply, by registering a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform located at https://irec.wits.ac.za and submitting your application.
*The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. Designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, means black people, women and people with disabilities.
Closing Date: 23rd December 2022
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
The University reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.