MEDICAL SPECIALIST GRADE 1-3 VACANCY SANDTON IN ZA
- Reference Number : REFS/015554
- Directorate : Clinical
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 1 156 308 per annum – R 1 918 284 per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Enquiries : Dr. R Price- Hughes Tel no: (011) 535 3001
- Appropriate qualification in psychiatry (FC Psych (SA). MMed (Psych) or equivalent qualification recognised by the HPCSA), which allows registration as a specialist psychiatrist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). Current registration with the HPCSA as an independent specialist psychiatrist. Sound clinical knowledge and skills in psychiatry. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to fulfill the required teaching and training requirements. Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures pertaining to mental health care users. Adequate interpersonal skills as well as professional and ethical conduct at all times. A valid driver’s license.
- Provide a direct clinical service and manage a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient unit. The provision of care, treatment and rehabilitation to mental health care users within the framework of the Mental Health Care Act (No 17 of 2002); involvement in other general psychiatry work as needed. Provide outreach services to District Health services and District/ Regional hospitals. Teaching and training of medical students, medical officers and psychiatry registrars, as well as other personnel (e.g. nurses, etc.). To stimulate, assist with and conduct research relevant to the Gauteng Department of Health and Department of Psychiatry. To supervise and manage junior staff, which would include disciplinary responsibilities, if and when necessary. Administrative duties. Active participation in hospital management committees. To assist with the development of policies and protocols of the hospital. Active participation in quality improvement programs including clinical audits, morbidity and mortality meetings and continuous professional development activities. To liaise with external stakeholders when appropriate. To always maintain professional and ethical conduct. This post is a joint appointment with the Division of Psychiatry, University of the Witwatersrand. The incumbent will be expected to participate in the teaching program of the department and to provide training to a range of students and healthcare workers.
- Tara Hospital is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability, and gender. Applications must be submitted on a duly new z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The Completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV specifying all experience indicating the respective dates (MM/YY) as well as indicating three reference persons with the following information: name and contact number(s), email address and an indication of the capacity in which the reference is known to the candidate. The relevant reference number must be quoted in the application form. The copies of qualifications, ID, drivers’ license and relevant certificates and registrations need not be attached when applying for the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the interview date following communication from HR. In terms of the National Qualification Framework Amendment Act 2019 it is an offence for any person to falsely or fraudulently claim to hold a qualification. Any person found to be misrepresenting their qualifications, work experience or facts in their CV will be disqualified. Applications can be delivered to-: Tara the H. Moross Centre C/o HR Section, 50 Saxon Road Hurlingham 2196, can be posted to-: Tara the H. Moross Centre, HR Section Private Bag x7 Randburg 2125. Due to technical problems with GPG vacancy website that the institution is consistently faced with, applicants are encouraged to apply using hand delivery or postal address.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Tara the H. Moross Centre, Sandton
Closing Date : 02-12-2022