Officer Environment Management (Transmission Division) At Eskom
Position : Officer Environment Management (Transmission Division) SImmerpan
Vacancy type: Internal
Task Grade : T12
Area of Speacialization : To provide support and assurance by executing environmental management activiti
Department : Environmental
Business Unit : Central Grid
Location : South Africa (Gauteng)
Reference Number : 5001208430VMD
Closing Date : 1/17/2023
- National Diploma in Environmental Management at NQF 6 with 240 Credits
- 3 post-qualification experience in the area of environmental management.
Skills and Competencies
o Strong drive to learn
o Be results and delivery focused
o Be able to work as part of a team
o Safety consciousness
o Entrepreneurial mind-set
o Conflict resolution
o Ability to deliver on expectations
o Strong communication
o Diversity management
o The ability to apply analytical and logical thinking
o Gathering and analysing information
o Designing and testing solutions to problems and formulating plans
o Attention to detail
o Conflict resolution and negotiation
o Should demonstrate in practice the ability to interact with and mobilise stakeholders
o Presentation skills
o Multi-disciplinary problem solving
o Ability to write effective and professional reports
o Ability to link technical and legal aspects related to environmental compliance issues
o Environmental management systems (ISO 14001)
o Environmental impact assessments
o Approval processes for statutory environmental approvals applicable the designated area of the business (e. g. environmental authorisation, waste management, water usage, atmospheric emission licenses, tree cutting permits)
o Environmental risk and due diligence assessments
o Environmental law
o Environmental auditing
o Environmental incident investigations
o Eskom business policies, procedures and directives
o Environmental statutory/legislative requirements national, provincial/local by-laws
• Provide support by implementing and executing the implementation of an international organisation of standardisation (ISO) 14001 environmental management system and related procedures in the designated areas of the business.
• Ensure compliance to legislative and governance requirements in the designated areas of the business through the implementation of compliance measures.
• Execute the process for obtaining environmental approvals for environmental authorisation, waste, water usage, atmospheric emission licenses and tree cutting permits.
• Implement and monitor environmental management plans.
• Perform environmental investigations.
Eskom is committed to providing a smoke-free environment for its employees and visitors at the workplace