Senior Software Engineer: Radar Data Processing and Control At The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer in the Radar and Electronic Warfare Impact Area within the Defence and Security Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible to design and develop software applications, modules, and sub-systems for use in the Integrated Radar Software Solutions Research Group. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more information about the impact area and cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/radar-and-electronic-warfare and https://www.csir.co.za/defence-and-security respectively.
- Interpret requirements and specifications for design and development;
- Design, development and testing of Real-Time signal and data processing applications for Radar Systems;
- Debug, fault find, test and perform software release in accordance with set procedures;
- Comply with project configuration management systems and practice;
- Generate data packs and design documentation;
- Understand and implement full software development life cycle;
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree in electronic or computer engineering with at least five years’ relevant experience;
- A Master’s degree in related engineering field will be advantageous;
- The following training, knowledge and experience are required:
- At least five years relevant experience in C++;
- Experience in GPU-based signal processing;
- Embedded Software Development;
- Development of computational software in radar data processing and control or related fields such as machine learning;
- Map Display, Data Visualisation, GUI;
- Development for deployment on both Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of software and hardware design processes and methodologies;
- The following training, knowledge and experience will be advantageous:
- Experience in Data visualisation, Map Display software and GUI development;
- Experience in JSON, Python, TCP/IP, Socket Control and SPI Interface;
- Experience in using the Boost Library;
- Experience using Qt to develop GUIs;
- Computational high level language experience such as MATLAB or Python;
- Electronic hardware and software interfacing and integration;
- Understanding of RF and high speed digital systems;
- Knowledge and experience of systems engineering, especially for software systems;
- Proven capability of document preparation;
- Strong analytical thinking skills;
Closing date: 20 January 2022
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please email us at Recruitment03@csir.co.za. Please do-not send your application to this mailbox, it is only for inquiries.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the employment Equity Act and will through the filling of this vacancy, give preference to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from registered credit bureau and/or South African Police Services (in relation to positions that requires trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualification and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.