Principal: Energy Finance Vacancy at Department of Labour ZA
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
- To be a specialist team member providing strong financial skills in transacting support and advise in the banking energy Projects.
- To manage deal team and support the Heads of the team.
- To develop and maintain strong client relationships and networks in the Energy Sector.
- To originate transactions in the Energy Sector.
• Build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders by networking; fostering collaboration; regular communication and complying with the governance and controls.
• Build and maintain external stakeholder relationships by networking / conferencing; maintaining regular contact; ongoing communication; site visits and pitching ideas.
• Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
• Research and make recommendations for corporate citizenship initiatives in area of influence
• Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
• Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
• Ensure compliance by sanctions checking and adhering to (FICA; Internal and Environmental) regulations; policies and procedures.
• Execute credit approval process by rating; pricing; analysing; application; constructive communication and consultation.
• Manage deal implementation by structuring, negotiating and attending to legal matters and Conditions precedent (CP).
• Ensure ongoing risk management by reviewing risk annually; assessing performance; undertakings; client visits and engaging with Transaction and Credit.
• Improve performance of team by providing on the job training; knowledge sharing and identifying suitable formal and informal training.
• Get involved in non-deal specific projects by providing expert advice and training; testing and implementing.
• Originate transactions by scanning the market; marketing and pitching ideas and networking.
• Execute transactions by structuring; analysing; negotiating; managing and pitching the deal.
• Manage costs and contribute to Business Unit cost efficiency by operating within the allocated budget.
• Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
• Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
• Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
• Enable skilling and required corrective action to take place by sharing knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
• Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Chartered Accountant (SA), Chartered Financial Analyst, Masters Degree in Commerce, Sciences, Legal or other relevant field
Minimum Experience Level
8-10 years relevant sector / industry experience
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Building partnerships
- Advancing Sales Discussions
- High-Impact Communication
- Managing Work
- Sales Disposition
- Sales Negotiation
Employment Equity Statement
Preference will be given to individuals from underrepresented groups.