Programmer II – SAP Marketing Cloud in ShopriteX Company at Brackenfell – Cape Town
Purpose of the Job
ShopriteX is the new digital hub that is trailing and developing innovations for Shoprite. We think about the future of digital and retail in terms of personalisation, and personalisation is the business word for removing friction for customers
As the Senior Developer you will need to have a deep specialised knowledge beyond your peers in SAP cloud technologies and provide technical solutions to enterprise problems.
As the Senior Developer you will be responsible for setting up of the design patterns, libraries, frameworks and processes. You have to be aware how the organization and business partners work and be able to adapt, within the frameworks, to deliver.
- Configuration and creation of technical components and services required to deliver online customer facing features:
- Analyse and understand business requirements in the context of the current business environment in conjunction with Product Manager, Business Analysts and Solution Architects.
- Develop and document design and maintain source base.
- Create conceptual, logical and physical solutions, using appropriate coding techniques and methodologies.
- Identify suitable coding solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements of key stakeholders from the business, solution delivery and operations areas.
- Develop solutions according to standards and best practice for front-end, back- end and integration to other solutions.
- Maintain development principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments.
- Integrate design for maintainability, scalability and efficiency.
- Coordinate with Architects and business stakeholders to determine functionalities.
- Complete deliverables throughout the system development life cycle for compliance according to agreed plan.
- Work within the frameworks of both waterfall SDLC and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies.
- Work as part of a team without close supervision.
- Successful delivery of development projects and changes as required:
- Thoughtful and clear understanding of program and project goals and needs.
- Engagement with different stakeholders.
- Identification and prioritization of project risks.
- Applied code review and QA changes as requested.
- Successful deployment through quality gates.
- Coding to industry best practice.
- Provide technical input and guidance into online channel evolution by keeping up to date with relevant technology:
- Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
- Adhere to best practices and processes for the team.
- Technical competency in the SAP C4C technology stack.
- Research, understand and stay up to date with current trends in online channels and related Information Technology.
- Setting up and maintaining technical infrastructure.
- Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders.
- Diploma /Degree in Information Systems / BSc Computer Science (or similar) – Essential
- Matric with experience equal to three times the number of years study specified – Essential
- 3+ years experience in Cloud Technologies especially AWS – Essential
- 3+ years experience in being a developer within a development team – Essential
- 3+ years experience in software development and testing – Essential
- 3+ years experience in working on projects in both Agile and DevOps – Essential
- 3+ years experience in business consulting – Essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Agile/Scrum Tool set, preferably Atlassian – Desirable
- SAP Marketing Cloud Support – Desirable
- CRM Functional Experience (Service) – Essential
- Understanding of Employee business objects and possible integration scenarios – Desirable
- Hands on SAP Marketing Cloud Configuration Experience – Essential
- Experience with microservices – Essential
- Strong understanding of Workflows, Business Roles and Key User Tools. – Essential.
Leave a Reply