Sales Manager – Newcastle
Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
What will you do?
- Activity management of representatives.
- Prospecting for Representatives.
- Production management on a daily basis concentrating on quality and quantity.
- Conducting training – Theoretical and practical in field.
- Facility liaison.
- New facility identification.
Qualification & experience
- Grade 12
- Meet the qualification requirements in line with their DOFA:
- Individuals who joined the industry prior to 2010 must have obtained their 30 or 60 credits or alternatively obtained a full qualification as per the FSCA’s list of recognized qualifications.
- Individuals who joined the industry from 2010 must have obtained a full qualification (120 Credits at NQF Level 4 for Categories B1 and B2) as per the FSCA’s list of recognized qualifications at the point of recruitment.
- It would be advantageous for the individual to meet the following criteria but not compulsory: In order to register for the Retail Pensions Category the Manager must have obtained a full qualification (120 Credits. at NQF level 4 would be required and NQF level 5 would be advantageous Categories B1 and B2) as per the FSCA’s list of recognized qualifications at the point of recruitment.
- RE 5 required from date of appointment
Class of business (COB):
- Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is then deemed competent for Class of Business. All applicants that were still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained Class of Business prior to appointment. If a potential candidate has not completed Class of Business they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Sales Manager.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 2 years sales experience of which at least 1 year must be within the financial services industry (Cat B1/Cat B2/Retail Pensions)
- A minimum of one year management experience
- Where the appointment is an internal appointment, past performance must be checked to ensure that all company criteria was met
- Good leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial with good business acumen.
- Strong action orientation
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage digitally
- Ability to make decisions.
- Initiative and innovativeness.
- Planning and organizing.
- Achievement orientation.
- Negotiation skills.
- Coaching and enabling skills
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
- We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Leave a Reply