Senior Product Manager – Catalogue
WE ARE BASH
We are a team of leaders. True owners, humble learners and friends. We’re here to overcome big challenges, build tech solutions for people to enjoy, while doing the best work of our careers, together, as Bash.
This journey requires grit, ambition and teamwork to thrive. We are transforming SA retail for the better; using a stable, secure base as our catalyst for change. We are building on a scale that will test our limits but when we break through, the impact on us and our customers will be profound.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
What a day in the life of a Senior Product Manager at Bash looks like:
- Create, own and maintain the product roadmap, including the scoping, sizing and prioritisation of initiatives that will deliver value against KPIs
- Provide visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your products on a regular cadence, using great written and verbal communication skills.
- Deliver in environments with aggressive deadlines, to a high standard.
- Break down complex problems using logical and easy to understand frameworks.
- Work with large data sets, using strong quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights and make intelligent decisions to optimise models and designs.
- Produce excellent documentation including stories, acceptance criteria, root cause analysis, process and workflow diagrams and ERDs
- Collaborate widely with Data, Design and Engineering teams to ensure business impact and customer value. And with internal and external stakeholders to build, test, implement and operationalise initiatives.
- Run day-to-day ceremonies of a product team including standup, planning, grooming and retrospectives
- Work closely with the Marketplace business unit to triage and prioritise operational issues
- Develop a strong partnership with engineering in order to execute effectively
WHO YOU ARE:
This job is for you is you have:
- Possess a strong technical understanding of eCommerce, Product Catalogue or Information Management Systems covering information architecture, taxonomies, ontologies and navigation.
- Understand and be able to expand on and develop product schemas, assets and metadata to ensure a rich library of product knowledge that can be surfaced on all platforms.
- Comfort and experience in utilising technologies to solve these complex real-world business problems including Product Information Management (PIM) tools, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Image Recognition and other technologies
- Expand and refine data retrieval techniques from multiple sources. Integrations and standardisation into a master data source.
- Proven success in business process improvement/re-engineering
- Familiarity with SQL and database design/querying
Skills you already have:
- Experience building core payments solutions working in a fast-paced environment
- Having a keen eye for detail and simplifying complexity
- Enjoy working with a cross-functional team, and have an interest in solving challenges in the fintech space
- Have history of successfully spearheading work of significant innovation and complexity, while developing and leading the strategy
- Be known for delivering high-quality work while keeping your own team productive, fun, and happy
LIFE AT BASH
We are a team of data crazed, caring, overachievers with a sense of style and a need to push boundaries. Everyone at Bash is committed to doing the best work of their careers and they are rewarded for it. We welcome differences and want you to bring your best, full self to work – sometimes life is not easy and we get it.
Bash is product and tech led but rooted in our values and principles. They keep us honest and accountable, and provide our grounding. They help us learn and grow with every new person, every new idea and through our collective wins and failures.
WHERE YOU’LL BE
Our working model is flexible and digital. We don’t clock watch or mind how or where you work. Our leaders are measured by their outputs and they know where and how they will get the job done.
We give agency and enable remote working, most of the time, for the people who want it. We are intentional about connecting and give you the tools & equipment to enable you to do work that matters. We also believe that doing certain types of work happens best organically which is why we encourage our teams to travel so we can make magic happen face to face. Our offices are a vibe. They are decked out to make collaboration easy and help our team create lasting connections with each other.
BASH BENEFITS: WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A seriously smart team of people! We are selective about who joins our team to make sure we’re made up of the best of the best
- Agency: Structures remain flat, accountability wide
- Top $$: The best people, in the right roles, earning at the top tier. Our ethos is about quality and aligning merit and output with the rewards. We believe in reciprocity.
- Saving for your future: Saving is not easy. Taking a chunk monthly for your future is imperative. We provide the fund and support to do just that
- Hackdays: These happen monthly as we push the envelope and give our teams freedom to find the space to do things they have only had time to wonder about
- Quarterly parties: Connection and community is our jam
- Extensive opportunity to learn: Library, blinkist, interest groups and team rotations
- Exclusive shopping discount: Save when you shop across 29 of SAs biggest brands.
Leave a Reply