Student Affairs Division: Student Counselling Unit (SCU) Administrator
- To provide a comprehensive Administrative Function to ensure an efficient, organized and coordinated Student Counselling Services
- To provide support system to all SCU staff to ensure the smooth running of the unit and ensure all SCU programs and projects are running smoothly.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration OR Social Sciences
- 2 years working experience in office administration
- 2 years work experience in Higher Education Sector
- Valid driver’s licence will be an added advantage
- Organization and administrative skills
- Project management and Administration knowledge
- Budgeting skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills,
- Computer skills (high proficiency in Excel, Word and or PowerPoint)
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and POPI Act
- Ability to prepare reports
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work as a team member
- Reception of clients by means of booking appointments,
- Answering telephone, photocopy, printing and emailing documents,
- Managing staff diaries and booking new clients for staff,
- Manage Head of Department diary,
- Record keeping, filling, bookkeeping,
- Data capturing, scheduling meetings and taking minutes,
- Assist in budgeting, requisitions and payment requests,
- Assist with planning and organization of SCU programs.
- Coordinate travelling and accommodation bookings for staff
NB: The position would be based in Alice although the incumbent will be expected to render services at all University of Fort Hare Campuses
Closing Date: 14 November 2022
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online. Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the SUBJECT LINE.
- Submit the motivation and resume as well as supporting documents namely; ID/passport, certificates and three work-related referees, on the application website.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
Queries can be directed to Ms M. Gumede firstname.lastname@example.org and 043 704 7190
The University reserves the right NOT to make a permanent appointment at this stage.
University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile.