SENIOR SECRETARY VACANCY- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
SENIOR SECRETARY – FACULTY OF EDUCATION (Ref 6634)
ALICE AND EAST LONDON CAMPUS
THIS IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY!!
- Degree in Office Administration or in a relevant field
- 3 years’ experience in administration.
- Evidence of training/working on ITS and other computer programmes
- Knowledge of university processes, policies, and systems.
- Knowledge of office administration
- Events management
- Office Administration including Secretarial (Personal Assistant) role to the Dean
- Management of the office and diary of the Faculty Dean bearing in mind the complexity of managing the Deans activities across two campuses.
- Provides an effective interface between the Deans’ office and all levels of the University community.
- Meetings, event coordination and management including administration of the relevant meetings in the Faculty (agenda compilation, minutes and reports)
- Implement administrative duties of the departments, HOD’s and faculty events and resource mobilisation activities related to the Faculty Dean
- Public Relations, including maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders and the Department of Education.
- Support the Faculty Dean with the academic, research and community engagement programmes of the Faculty
- Students interface, which includes to interact and address students at all levels as and when required
- Travel management including bookings for local and international trips
- Administrative follow up on financial and HR matters of the Faculty
“PLEASE NOTE: The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act no. 55 of 1998, when appointing, preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups whose appointment will contribute towards the achievement of equitable demographic representation and profile of the Faculty staff. The university reserves the right NOT to make an appointment.”
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website www.ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online. Applications must clearly indicate thE name of the post applied for.
- Submit the motivation and resume as well as supporting documents namely; ID/passport, certificates and proof of remuneration and three work-related referees, on the application website.
- Note that for all re-advertised positions this advert supersedes the one advertised previously owing to modifications made. Candidates who have previously applied are requested to re-apply.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
Queries can be directed to Ms. M. Gumede on firstname.lastname@example.org and 043 704 7190