System Analyst At the Capitec Bank
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, ZA
Company: Capitec Bank Ltd
We’re on the lookout for energetic, self-motivated individuals who share our passion for service in the banking industry. To be part of the journey, follow the steps below:
1. To see what life at Capitec is all about and complete a short assessment, please click here!
2. Once you have completed the above finalize your application by clicking apply below
To design and develop analytical reporting and monitoring solutions for the Card Processing Channels teams as well as provide support for the card personalisation and production environment.
As a Splunk Systems Analyst, this position provides technical expertise to CPC Team. This position works closely with various teams seeking to improve computing performance.
The analyst position provides data analytics consulting and support with a specific emphasis on working within the Splunk software. This position is an individual contributor role working
amongst a team of analysts to design and develop analytical reporting and solutions. Collaborate with key stakeholders and members of the CPC team to create advanced dashboards and various user control
elements. Provide statistical analysis and support around Capitec’s computing environment Engage stakeholders to scope, prioritize and deliver descriptive, diagnostic and predictive data analytics.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Systems
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- A relevant post graduate degree in Information Technology
Knowledge & Experience
• Basic knowledge & understanding of Technology
• Minimum of 3+ years of IT experience- strong technical background
• Minimum of 2+ years of strong data analytics/data science experience
• Minimum 1.5 years of experience in writing Splunk queries
• Data science, data analytics experience using Splunk required
• Experience delivering data analysis, working with relational databases, and writing Splunk queries to retrieve data for analysis and reporting purposes
• Proficient in writing SPL (Search Processing Language), including advanced commands
• such as tstats, lookup, using subquery, etc. Able to correlate multiple data sources efficientl
• Proficient in creating advanced dashboards, including drill down and various user control elements to present to leadership.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis
• Monitoring environment
• Data Analytics or Data Science certifications are a big plus
• Knowledge of Machine Learning Toolkit (MLTK) a plus but not required
• Knowledge of UberAgent and/or end user computing performance monitoring – PLUS
• Ability to advocate data in Power BI – big plus
- Communications Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Influencing Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Attention to Detail
Conditions of Employment
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Contactable via own mobile phone
- Required to be available after hours in case of emergency
- At least 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience within a systems monitoring environment.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in:
- monitoring environment
- Database skills
- Technical system skills – analysis of performance logs
- Network Skills
- Dashboard creation – using SPLUNK
- Query scripts- SPL
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals.