The University of Cape Town UCT Online Application window for admission into undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the current academic year is now open.
If you are an aspirant seeking admission to undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Cape Town UCT you must apply for admission Via the University of Cape Town online application page.
The application window is open for; First-time University of Cape Town applicants, University of Cape Town students changing to a new qualification and/or specialization Applicants who previously applied for admission and were not offered a space or who were offered a space, accepted the offer and did not register and students completing a higher certificate or any other programme and who wish to continue with further undergraduate studies.
It is well known that the University of Cape Town Application for admission for 2023/2024 is a crucial moment anticipated by many students who wish to study at The University of Cape Town (UCT) for undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications for the 2023/2024 academic year
To assure that your UCT Online Application is successfully submitted to the University of Cape Town, all applications for admission must be submitted online during the prescribed application period. You are also advised to submit your application before the deadline and consider attaching all the required Application Documents. Please check this post for details on the University of Cape Town application dates and deadlines
UCT ONLINE APPLICATION IMPORTANT NOTES
Before applying for admission at The University of Cape Town (UCT)- UCT Online Application;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification. Every qualification is unique and may require a specific set of subjects and points to To familiarize yourself with the University of Cape Town admission requirements here
- Make sure you have done your research to find out what you need to apply. For more details about the University of Cape Town offered courses and programs, Please Check the University of Cape Town prospectus here
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address. The University of Cape Town corresponds with applicants during and after the application process. Only provide one email address and cellphone number to receive your messages on time.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the University of Cape Town for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process. For all students who wish to apply for admission at the University of Cape Town are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
How to Apply for admission at UCT University of Cape Town – Apply online at UCT University of Cape Town for 2023/2024
UCT Online Application: University of Cape Town online application process can be a little bit challenging especially If you are a new applicant, below you will find a full guide about how to apply for 2023 academic year admission at the University of Cape Town;
- Step #1: Visit the University of Cape Town website and click on the Admission > Apply for Admission link for undergraduate students or postgraduate applicants, from there you will be able to make your selection and proceed to the Registration, Application, and document uploading stage. Here is the link to the University of Cape Town Online Application System
- Step #2: University of Cape Town UCT Online Registration; after clicking the link on step one above, it will direct you to the University of Cape Town Online application System form where you should fill in all the required information, If you are a First-time applicant then you need to get registered first, First-time applicants are applicants that have not used the University of Cape Town online application system before and have no accounts to enable them to log in to the system using their username and passwords. The information needed during the registration stage includes your name, email, password, type of programme you are applying for, and your qualification mode.
- Step #3: Upload supporting documents; Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and University of Cape Town students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted. The University of Cape Town does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
- Step #4: UCT Application fee payments: Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from the University of Cape Town. Use the student number you receive from the University of Cape Town and the application fee reference number (ie STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030). Your application will only be accepted and processed once the fee has been paid. Be advised that this is a non-refundable fee. Visit UCT banking details and payment information.
- Step #6: Submit your completed UCT Online Application: To complete the application; the applicant is required to complete all steps from Home to Submit your application.
UCT Online Application- Contact Details
- Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
- Admissions Office
University of Cape Town
You can visit the University of Cape Town Online Application System for a full guide on how to apply: http://www.students.uct.ac.za/students/applications/apply/undergraduates
Make sure that your UCT Online Application is complete to ensure successful application and your chance of being accepted with The University of Cape Town (UCT), In case your UCT Online Application for admission to study through the University of Cape Town is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
Once your application has been successfully submitted, it is recommended to track your application status at the University of Cape Town online application System so that you can check if your application has been accepted or rejected for more details about How to track the University of Cape Town application status Check this link >> University of Cape Town status application – University of Cape Town tracking status