About University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN)
Why Choose UKZN
- UKZN has several exclusive degrees on offer; we are the only institution in the world to offer training and degrees in the field of Food Security
- UKZN offers an exceptionally wide range of exciting and innovative courses that will broaden perspectives, foster a capacity for independent critical thinking, and provide intellectual tools to develop your mind, while enhancing your career opportunities in the local and global marketplace
- UKZN’s campuses have vibrant atmospheres with students gathering at the various coffee shops, cafeterias and meeting places in-between lectures. Not all learning takes place in the lecture theatre
- UKZN offers extensive sporting, cultural and extramural facilities
- UKZN is one of three African universities rated amongst the top 500 universities in the world according to the Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU)
- Nationally, UKZN produced a total of 1,424.22 publications units, which was the highest of the 23 publicly funded universities …Source: Department of Higher Education and Training (DoHET) reports on Institutional research outputs
- UKZN is situated in the subtropical seaside city of Durban and in the Midlands city of Pietermaritzburg, capital of the province of KwaZulu-Natal. All our campuses, except for Pietermaritzburg, are close to the main Durban beach front
- UKZN is one of the largest universities in sub-Saharan Africa
- In 2010, UKZN celebrated a century of academic advancements
- UKZN is the only University in South Africa to offer a degree in Agricultural (Bioresources) Engineering that is fully accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa
- UKZN is the third most productive university in South Arica in terms of research output
- UKZN offers approximately 2000 academic programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- International partnerships with institutions in 46 countries provide an opportunity for direct interface and global academic exchange that enhances scholarship and the student experience
- The Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA) is amongst the largest and most successful research institutes in Africa
- The multi-million rand KwaZulu-Natal Research Institute for Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS (K-RITH), an international centre of scientific research, is located on the Medical School campus. K-RITH is a ground breaking partnership between UKZN and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) in the United States
To be the Premier University of African Scholarship.
A truly South African University of Choice that is academically excellent, innovative in research, entrepreneurial, and critically engaged with society.
UKZN aims to establish a value-driven organisational culture that empowers the Institution and its people to achieve institutional goals. The guiding values are Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Client Orientation, Honesty, and Trust – represented as R.E.A.C.H.T The behaviour and actions of everyone at UKZN will, accordingly, demonstrate:
- Respect: UKZN undertakes to promote mutual respect, courtesy, and inclusiveness.
- Excellence: UKZN undertakes to display quality, leadership and energy in all that it does.
- Accountability: UKZN promises to be responsible and accountable in the behaviour displayed towards all its stakeholders.
- Client Orientation: UKZN undertakes to satisfy the needs of all its clients, stakeholders and partners, on a consistent basis.
- Honesty: UKZN promises to deliver with integrity – steadfastly and with adherence to good governance.
- TrustT: The ‘T’ symbol after reacht refers to the principle of ‘trust’ that underpins all of the other institutional values. The implicit trust enjoyed by every member of UKZN and their well-defined actions that embrace the R.E.A.C.H.T values are the important ingredients of the moral fibre of the Institution.
The goals of the University are:
- To achieve excellence in teaching and learning
- To achieve excellence and high impact in research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- To Promote high-impact societal and stakeholder Community engagement
- Targeted Internationalisation
- Institution of Choice for Learners:
To establish the University as an institution of choice that values students in all their diversity and has a student-centred ethos, providing students with curricula, teachers, infrastructure and support services designed around their needs and producing well-educated, competent, sought-after graduates.
- Institution of Choice for Staff:
To establish the University as an institution of choice that attracts and retains academic and support staff of the highest calibre by creating an intellectual environment that fosters and stimulates academic life, and a climate of organisational citizenship in which all staff recognise and understand their role in ensuring the success of the University.
- Efficient and Effective Management:
To establish and maintain efficient, effective management systems and processes that provide a caring and responsive service to meet internal and external needs in a pragmatic and flexible manner.
University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) Latest News Updates
University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) Website
Access the University of Kwazulu Natal official Website for more details on the University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) admission News and UKZN Updates. Visit the UKZN website Here: https://ukzn.ac.za/
Leave a Reply