Senior Financial Accountant
Role overview The successful Financial
Accountant will be responsible for preparing management accounts and reports, providing interpretation of financial data and predictive results. The Financial Accountant will support the Fund Accounting team with fund administration of various Funds managed by AIIM.
African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM) is one of Africa’s leading private alternative investment managers and is a part of Old Mutual Alternative Investments (OMAI) group. AIIM was established in 2000 and has established itself as a leading private equity fund manager, specializing in infrastructure equity investments in the African market.
Since its establishment, AIIM has raised over USD2.3billion across eight infrastructure fund mandates and associated co-investments. Over this period AIIM has returned more than USD1.3 billion to its investors with a current AUM of USD2.3 billion across four active fund mandates. The AIIM funds are managed by a team of 40+ investment professionals across offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Nairobi, Lagos and Abidjan.
Accountable for the execution of business plan, and for governance and compliance at an operational level.
Generates financial information.
Analyses and reports on variances.
Maintains suitable financial control environment.
- Control and oversight of the GL for Funds & fund structures
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Managing and reporting outstanding debtors and creditors
- Cash management including cash flow forecasts
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting to management and shareholders
- Fee calculations i.e. management fees, carried interest, participation fees
- Income Tax calculations and returns
- Preparation and review of journals
- Preparation and review of bank reconciliations
- Expense analysis and reporting
- Responsible for audit liaison and preparation of annual financial statements
- Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements
- Respond to reporting requests from Group
- Growing business and opportunity to streamline processes
- Review Fund Formation Agreements to ensure compliance with reporting obligations
- Instruct processing of transactions (Efront, Great Plains)
- Provide financial information for investor communications, including quarterly financial and investor reporting
- Oversight of investor distributions and contribution amounts required
- Preparation of drawdown/distribution notices
- Maintenance of investors capital commitment accounts
- Prepare response to investor queries and adhoc requests
- Compliance with Exchange Control requirements where applicable
Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates, in accordance with OMAI commitment to employment equity. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply giving full details of qualifications and working experience.
Please note : Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly via email or phone call.
- 14 November 2022
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.