Collections Consultant Vacancy in ZA
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Requisition Details and Talent Acquisition contact
Manage Self: Technical
To recover debt and assets by following internal and legal processes and procedures resulting in reduced costs and losses for the bank.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders perform within agreed turnaround time and Service Level Agreements by monitoring the accounts.
- Rehabilitate accounts by contacting, negotiating, concluding and monitoring arrangements with client and authorised third parties.
- Reduce and manage impairments and credit loss ratio by applying the appropriate actions including drawing daily reports and distributing to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain client satisfaction by responding to general queries on risk or arrears timeously.
- Contribute to team dynamics by sharing knowledge and ideas.
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external stakeholders by sharing performance expectations.
- Ensure client account status are correct by checking the account history details on the system.
- Keep the customer profile updated by site visit, sending letters, statements and attach proof on the profile.
- Prioritise customer accounts by grading all accounts into risk categories and age analysis.
- Minimise potential loss to the bank by implementing the collection process and strategy.
- Ensure to comply with policies, procedures and regulations by following prescribed processes and mandates.
- Notify clients of dormant /excess or arrears accounts by preparing and sending relevant correspondence.
- Outline progress and planned actions for the forthcoming month by meeting with stakeholders on a monthly basis.
- Escalate high risk matters (liquidation, deceased estates, absconsion, alienation, debt review, bad debt write-off, business rescue, arrear accounts, etc..) by distributing to relevant stakeholders.
- Improve workflow and time management efficiencies by proactive planning and implementing credit control process
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Certificate: Credit Management
Minimum Experience Level
2 years experience in credit collections
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Negotiation skills
- Product Knowledge
- Relevant Nedbank Human Resources policies and practices
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Decision Making
- Stress Tolerance
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
Leave a Reply