Community Development Worker At The Department of Local Government In Western Cape Government
Closing Date 2023/01/30
Reference Number WCG221201-9
Tracking Number LG 11/2022 R1
Job Title Community Development Worker: Central Karoo (Murraysburg), Ref No. LG 11/2022 R1
Department Local Government
Salary level 6
Enquiries Mr M Bell at (021) 483 3039
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country South Africa
Location – Province Western Cape
Location – Town / City Murraysburg
The Department of Local Government, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for suitably qualified and competent individual to liaise, co-ordinate, mobilise, inform and assist communities in the Western Cape to identify and communicate their needs to government at national, provincial and local government level to bring government closer to the people of the Western Cape. This post is stationed in Murraysburg.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification);
- Minimum of 6 months appropriate experience in community development or similar environment.
- It is required that applicants are currently residing in Murraysburg.
- Community Development Learnership Certificate; A valid (Code B or higher) driving licence.
NB: People with disabilities that restrict driving abilities, but who have reasonable access to transport, may also apply.
Key Performance Areas
- Inform and assist communities in Western Cape with access to services provided by government structures
- Determine the needs of communities and communicate it to the relevant structures; Promote networks and enhance the activities of existing local community workers aimed at improved service delivery
- Compile reports and documents on progress, issues attended to, actions taken and outcomes as required
- Keep up to date with regard to all services rendered by government and the processes and mechanisms to access the services.
Knowledge of the following: Applicable policies, legislation, guidelines, standards, procedures and best practices in the public services;
Composition of communities in the Western Cape and their functioning;
Facilitating skills to public participation in policy making and service delivery;
The following skills: Project organisation, interpersonal, report writing and reporting; Proven computer literacy (MS Office); Self-management and adherence to timelines; Written and verbal communication skills.
R 218 064 per annum (Salary level 6)
Note on remuneration: Employees’ service benefits or obligations (13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc) are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department. Preference will be given to candidates from local communities. Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
Should you experience difficulties with your online application, kindly note that technical support (challenges with online application) is only available from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16.00. You may contact the helpline at 0861 370 214. Otherwise, all other queries relating to the position, kindly contact the enquiries person
as indicated in the advert. Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.