Compliance Officer Vacancy at Department of Labour ZA
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 121993- Tshego Semenya
Manage Self: Professional
- To monitor and provide assurance on the adherence to compliance practices in client facing clusters [Nedbank African Regions (NAR) and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB)] to ensure compliance risks are managed and reported across Nedbank.
- Monitor compliance risks and determine the state of compliance in client facing Clusters.
- Ensure compliance requirements are adhered to and adequate compliance risk management practices implemented.
- Execute the annual compliance risk-based program.
- Provide input, review and ensure accurate reporting and articulation of compliance.
- Provide guidance in the completion of subsidiary compliance risk monitoring programs.
- Provide advice and/or input to internal stakeholders on possible contraventions of compliance risks through early detection.
- Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders by establishing partnerships in managing compliance risks.
- Engage with stakeholders formally through determining scope of work, understanding and identifying client needs.
- Develop collaborative relationship with the Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA).
- Contribute to a culture of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank culture building initiatives, including CSI.
Minimum Experience Level
- 8 -10 years experience in risk management of which 5 years in a compliance related role and at least 3 years in Exchange control (Treasury, investments and Hedging)
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Post Graduate Diploma: Risk Management, Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees / FAIS (RE qualification)
- Compliance Institute of South Africa (CISA) – preferred, not essential
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Change management
- Cluster specific operations
- Compliance reporting
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Reputational risk management
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Stakeholder management
- Codes of Good Governance