Senior Business Architect at Wits ICT – Enterprise Architecture in Johannesburg ZA
Job Title Senior Business Architect (IT07)
Location Johannesburg, ZA
Organization Name Wits ICT – Enterprise Architecture
Management of Wits Enterprise Architecture that focuses on business architecture in the areas such as teaching, learning and research and other University operations in the domains of catering, transportation, campus navigation and health services, Human Resource, Finance, Library, etc. in the university. To accelerate the development of innovative ideas from inception to impact – working together with university community to help galvanize the institutions’ innovation ecosystem. Coordinating the standards, procedures and activities of the team and for achieving measurable and demonstrable success in relation to these activities through a rigorous process of continuous improvement, use of key performance indicators, and industry standards and benchmarks whilst maintaining a customer centered focus. The senior business architect works with Wits ICT Senior Management Team to ensure the University achieves its strategic goals.
Ensure that the blue print of the University that provides the common understanding is in place. Also to ensure that all the ICT and business decisions adhere to university wide drivers and priorities.
Provide optimal functioning of Information Technology application software and infrastructure by understanding the business strategy and putting in place a full analysis business impact across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation.
This employee is expected to provide the overview of University’s capabilities before any change is recommended.
- Map business Artifcats
- Organization/Actor catalog
- Driver/Goal/Objective catalog
- Role catalog
- Business Service/Function catalog
- Location catalog
- Process/Event/Control/Product catalog
- Contract/Measure catalog
- Model Business Capabilities
- Align Business Strategy with IT Strategy
- Monitor Conformance to EA Principles
- Analyse Gap between Baseline and Target Architecture
- Solve advanced and complex business problems, especially with respect to opportunities or leverage to be gained from automated information system solutions.
- Providing thought leadership in new concept development for projects, business and technology innovation and opportunities.
- Participate in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Business Analysts, developer and system user representatives.
- Follow prescribed development framework in the team. (E.gTOGAF)
- Business process modelling and interpretation of enterprise processes and value chains applying standard methodology and Business Process Re-engineering.
- Information flow and data analysis and modelling, applying standard methodology and toolset to enterprise information and data requirements.
- Ensure staff cross skilling happens
- Meet with Wits ICT management to establish direction and goals
- Meet with Business Unit leads to prioritize work, plan and elicit future needs and projects
- Absence/Leave management of team
- Conduct weekly progress meetings
- Organize work to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure staff have allocated tasks
- Ensure staff are delivering within time periods provided to them.
- Ensure processes are adhered to by the team
- Attend EARG Committee to assist in decision making on requested changes
- Market EA to the entire University
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in development and design
- Bachelor Degree in either Information Systems, Informatics or Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5-7 yrs experience in Strategic/ Architectural Domain
- Knowledge of Architecture Methodologies, Standards, Practices, Governance, Reference Patterns-Strong Business/Industry knowledge and familiar with Industry IT Solutions
- TOGAF Certified or Business Architecture Certified desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and technical expertise to act as a “trusted business advisor” in terms of ICT Solutions.
- Ability to develop solid working relationships based on listening and trust, across all business units.
- Strategic and technical level understanding of requirements
- Understanding of IT Industry.
- Knowledge of relevant architectural frameworks and methods and how to apply these to the architectural blueprint.
- Knowledge of University strategy/vision, processes, policies and procedures
Please note that applications have to be done through iRecruitment only. No hardcopies or emails should be submitted.
By submitting an application for this post the Applicant acknowledges that their personal information will be processed by the University. The Applicant, by their conduct in proceeding with an application for this position, gives their consent to the processing of their personal information as required by the University’s Recruitment, Selection and Appointment Policy. Such processing includes logging their information on the University’s recruitment systems and disclosing their personal information to University employees identified to take part in the selection and recruitment process. The Applicant consents to any further processing of their personal information as may be required for relevant verification and reference check purposes. The confidentiality of the Applicant’s personal information will be maintained.
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Closing Date: 25 November 2022
Leave a Reply