Digital Campaign Manager in ShopriteX Company at Brackenfell – Cape Town
Powered by Africa’s largest retailer, Rainmaker Media is positioned to reach over 80% of SA’s shoppers directly through its digital and physical media channels. We have exclusive access to the continent’s largest retail audience and are using rich shopper data and advanced analytics to create the continent’s first precision retail media service. We’re currently building a cutting edge, collaborative, passionate team and seeking the best talent there is to join us in shaping our new culture and delivery ambitions!
The purpose of the Digital Campaign Specialist role is to maximise ad delivery efficiency and effectiveness through the successful execution of the digital campaign strategy and all related operations. The role uses data and technology to develop and fulfil digital campaigns, ensuring creative and engaging messaging and appropriate delivery channels and reporting.
The role supports digital campaign management accounts and activities in accordance with the business intent and trade plans, initiating, managing and reporting on related campaigns, managing assigned accounts and taking the lead within the portfolio of accounts to provide end-to-end delivery according to planned timelines and quality standards. The role further drives the improvement of processes within the assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Develop and manage supplier or client end-to end delivery of digital campaigns across platforms, from briefing, planning and execution of campaigns, to invoicing, reporting and post campaign analysis.
- Manage and ensure data, technology, and strategy work together to maximise ad delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Effectively manage own portfolio of work while collaborating with creative, strategy and technology teams and vendors to implement and create integrated ad campaigns.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of digital campaign plans.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies, provide recommendations, and adjust optimise performance and goal conversion.
- Provide analysis and insights for reporting, including post campaign reporting, to suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Ensure invoices are accurate and campaign budgets are executed within required parameters.
- Keep the brand up to date with changes and advances in the digital marketing landscape and advise on new channels and approaches to adopt.
- Conduct research and utilise insights to optimise and grow future campaigns.
- Monitor local and international digital media properties to ensure adherence to best practice principles and provide technical/media assistance when needed.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Media or related – (essential).
- +3 years’ experience in a digital campaign management role in an ad ops environment, with a proven track record of delivering multiple and large campaigns across digital touchpoints and channels, using analytics to inform and scale successful marketing campaigns – (essential).
- Skilled and proficient in the use of social advertising tools (AdWords, Google Ads, SEO, DSP & SSP, Tracking and verification tools) – (essential).
- Broad knowledge of the media and marketing ecosystem – (essential).
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of marketing principles and practices including customer journey management and content development experience – (essential).
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the media landscape within the broader retail industry – (essential).
- Strong proficiency in MS Office – (essential).
Key competencies and work ethic
- Digital account management: strong ability to keep schedules, prioritise tasks / briefs and ensure campaigns / projects are on time and delivered against business objectives.
- Passion for digital marketing with subject matter expertise in marketing principles and practices.
- Excellent team-working: contributes towards building a positive team morale.
- Excellent communication, presentation and story-telling skills: articulates ideas and concepts in a creative and meaningful way.
- Commercial acumen and business understanding of the broader retail industry.
- Dynamic personality and the ability to think outside the box.
- Proactive with initiative to drive new ideas and content.
- Excellent facilitation skills: organised with strong time, delivery and planning management.
- Interpersonal skills: builds strong relationships and manages conflict and competing priorities well.
- Flexible thinker with the ability to make sound independent decisions.
- Project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a large scale, complex environment.
- Ability to work under pressure: to organise, prioritise, and reorder workload in a rapidly changing and fast-moving environment.
- Results-oriented and quality focused.
- Self-starter and generator with the skill and discipline to work independently and across multi-functional teams.